LOCATION: U.S. Remote
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. If it’s you, you’ll be an integral part of our firm’s Design, Creative, Advertising & Interactive efforts. Note that the ideal candidate will have both concepting and digital / UX design skills and should expect to spend 80% of their time with their sleeves rolled up and 20% of their time with strategy and concepting.
As an Art Director with Zion & Zion, you’ll work to devise client concepts and to turn those concepts into various media executions. At Zion & Zion, everyone is hands-on, which means that you’ll regularly be called upon to not only devise concepts but to turn those concepts into final files for submission.
In this position, you’ll work day to day on the concepting and design of everything from interactive to print, outdoor, TV/video, logos, and branding. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with clients, Zion & Zion front-end and back-end web/app developers, UX designers, and graphic designers, as well as the Zion & Zion PR/Social Media team, and Content Strategy team. You’ll get to do cool things that also are the “right” things to do for the client. You’ll get to propose new ideas, tools and techniques, and be expected to continuously develop your skills.
You will also be asked to think strategically and to communicate strategically.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience (HOWEVER, if you’re truly amazing, and don’t quite have the number of years listed below, we’ll still take a look at your portfolio and skills):
- 3-5 years experience in an agency setting
- 3-5 years in graphic design working across print, web and other interactive media
- 3+ years experience interfacing with web designers
- 3+ years experience with the following: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- A strong personality that will be immediately perceived by clients as providing leadership
- The ability to present design concepts to clients
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment working on multiple client simultaneously
The successful applicant must have a truly differentiated and impressive portfolio and must be absolutely committed to doing whatever it takes to move themselves, Zion & Zion, and our clients forward.
Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the person for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We are also a dog-friendly office, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal-breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days and happy hours.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18-foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffleboard table; a full-size pool table; dartboard; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day, and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday-morning Mimosa-and-Bloody-Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
Note that remote team members should expect to visit our Arizona office approximately once every six to eight weeks for team building and work-related activities. We also provide a full work-from-home setup with three monitors for all agency personnel whether they are remote or not.
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
- Annual Bonus
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.