Associate Director, Digital Strategy
LOCATION: U.S. Remote
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB:
We’re looking for an exceptional individual. Here’s our wish list. It’s ambitious, so we ask that you are as well.
The Associate Director, Digital Strategy must have demonstrated expertise across digital channels, extensive digital media planning and buying experience, and the ability to develop the strategy around how digital media fits into a client’s overall marketing/media plan. The position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of a client’s digital media strategy, from media plan development, to execution and reporting. The position is client-facing, and the candidate will be responsible for presenting digital strategy, digital media reporting, and may at times act as the client POC for all digital media related efforts. The ideal candidate will have well-established subject matter expertise around digital media channels, including but not limited to: Paid Social, Google Ads, and Programmatic, with an established POV on how these channels are affected by 3rd party cookie deprecation and iOS 14.5 updates. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, proficient at managing multiple projects, highly-organized, analytical, exhibits strong leadership qualities, and possesses effective communication skills.
- Act as both an internal and client-facing subject matter expert for digital media strategy
- Provide both internal and external (client facing) POV on the future state of digital media, as it related to changes in the industry
- Communicate when and why to use different targeting methodologies (behavioral, contextual, demographic, lookalike, cross-device, retargeting) and speak on each to educate clients
- Know when and why to use different digital media channels (based on client business objectives and KPIs)
- Utilize a data-driven approach to budget allocation decision making
- Perform hands-on optimization of digital campaigns and delegate digital campaign optimization efforts to team members when necessary
- Put together clear and concise presentations
- Analyze the meaning behind data and communicate key findings and highlights to clients
- Pull media pacing reports and analyze against KPIs
- Contribute to thought leadership content around digital media strategy (blogs, articles, whitepapers)
- Collaborate and innovate with agency departments and cross functional teams
Tools/Platform Experience Requirements:
- Google Campaign Manager
- Google Ads
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Customer Data Platforms (Not required but a plus)
- Advantage (ideal)
- Facebook Business Manager
- LinkedIn Ads
- Basis (or similar DSP experience)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 5+ years of experience at a media planning & buying agency experience a must
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Communications (Marketing, Advertising, Finance, Business Administration, or similar)
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Proven track record and ability to mentor junior members of a team to teach and inform digital media best practices
- Basic knowledge of traditional media; be able to speak strategically about how digital and traditional media work together
- Extensive experience planning and buying digital media: Paid Social, Paid Search, and programmatic experience is required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience presenting to client executives and upper management
- Must be a proactive team player willing to roll your sleeves up and help the team as needed
- Ability to manage simultaneous tasks in a fast-paced technology-oriented environment
- Analytical mindset with a knack for rapid troubleshooting and ability to problem-solve independently
- Self-starter who can keep track of multiple projects and meet deadlines without a direct manager to prioritize their desk
- Experience with new-business pitches is a plus
- Experience or knowledge in Customer Data Platforms is a huge plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed to work in a cross functional company environment
The successful applicant must be a true team player and must be absolutely committed to doing whatever it takes to move themselves, Zion & Zion, and our clients forward.
NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP-INS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a relatively flat organization and extremely limited hierarchy that facilitates collaboration and open communication both within and across departments, and to senior leaders.
We bring together all of our team members three to four times per year for a week of in-person collaboration and professional development.
Everyone is equipped with two to three monitors for their home office, and people are free to work relatively flexible hours, within their own time zone.
We are as much about learning and thought leadership as we are about profitability. We believe that the smarter we are, and the more collaborative we are, and the more we embrace innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, the better both our people and our organization will perform.
Our senior leaders are always accessible to absolutely anyone in the organization for a quick Zoom chat on thought leadership, innovation, or career-development advice. Whatever our people need, we’re there for them.
We pride ourselves on our agility and doing what other agencies either cannot do, or cannot do fast enough.
We also pride ourselves on what we call being T-shaped. i.e. we encourage people to learn and grow by understanding agency functions across our organization. T-shaped people can be contrasted with I-shaped people–The “T” is the idea that you have horizontal connections to what is beside you, as opposed to the “I” representing being siloed and vertical.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day, and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday-morning Mimosa-and-Bloody-Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
- Annual Bonus
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.