Associate Director, PR/Social Media
LOCATION: US: Remote
THE NUTS AND BOLTS: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. If it’s you, you’ll be a key part of our firm’s a public relations/social media team.
In terms of work tasks, you’re likely to do much of the following:
- Manage several complex, large client public relations or social media accounts in varying industries
- Lead the development of public relations and/or social media strategies
- Develop client messaging, story angles and communication plans, including crisis communications
- Garner national, regional, and local media attention for your clients
- Strengthen and expand working and personal relationships with client POCs and their management
- Foresee client problems before they happen and provide insights on how to head them off
- Ensure senior management is up-to-date on account activity, opportunities, and challenges
- Interact with clients at the senior level by building trust and displaying an expert ability to have “tough” conversations
- Ensure clients are receiving all agreed upon services on time and within budget
- Expertly present complex ideas and concepts to clients in formal and informal settings
- Foster a productive and empowering working relationship with all team members
- Provide guidance to, and be a mentor for, the junior staff on assigned accounts
Here’s our wish list—it’s ambitious, so we ask that you are as well.
- 7+ years of public relations experience
- 5+ years of social media experience
- 4 years’ experience in an agency setting
- A bachelor’s in public relations, marketing, business or a related discipline (MBA is a plus but not required)
- A strong personality that will be immediately perceived by clients as providing leadership
- Proven ability to garner national media attention for clients
- Ability to foresee challenges/issues with client accounts before they happen and propose solutions
- Proven ability to build relationships with internal account team members to create a productive, collaborative work environment
- A strong work ethic and whatever it takes to get the job done attitude
Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the guy or gal for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a relatively flat organization and extremely limited hierarchy that facilitates collaboration and open communication both within and across departments, and to senior leaders.
We bring together all of our team members three to four times per year for a week of in-person collaboration and professional development.
Everyone is equipped with two to three monitors for their home office, and people are free to work relatively flexible hours, within their own time zone.
We are as much about learning and thought leadership as we are about profitability. We believe that the smarter we are, and the more collaborative we are, and the more we embrace innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, the better both our people and our organization will perform.
Our senior leaders are always accessible to absolutely anyone in the organization for a quick Zoom chat on thought leadership, innovation, or career-development advice. Whatever our people need, we’re there for them.
We pride ourselves on our agility and doing what other agencies either cannot do, or cannot do fast enough.
We also pride ourselves on what we call being T-shaped. i.e. we encourage people to learn and grow by understanding agency functions across our organization. T-shaped people can be contrasted with I-shaped people–The “T” is the idea that you have horizontal connections to what is beside you, as opposed to the “I” representing being siloed and vertical.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day, and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday-morning Mimosa-and-Bloody-Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.