Associate Web Developer
ENTRY-LEVEL POSITION: NEW GRAD up to 3 YEAR’S EXPERIENCE
LOCATION: Open to U.S. REMOTE
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We are looking for a passionate, motivated, high-performing team member to join our agency. You will function primarily as a front-end developer, with opportunities to work in back-end development. You must be a self starter and self-directed and able to work both on your own and in teams, alongside other developers, UX strategists, content developers, interactive designers, brand strategists, and account managers.
- Extensive WordPress theme development experience
- Extensive knowledge of HTML, JS and CSS
- Front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap and/or Foundation
- CSS pre-processors such as Sass or Less
- JS frameworks such as Vue, Angular, React etc.
- JS-based build tools like Grunt, Gulp or Webpack
- Working knowledge of templating engines like Twig, Smarty, Mustache etc.
- Mobile-first experience building responsive interfaces
- Ability to adhere to accessibility standards
- Building high-performing / fast-loading sites
- Strong cross-browser testing skills
- Basic Photoshop skills (manipulating, compressing and exporting images for web)
- Ability to define project requirements and scope project timelines
- Comfortable in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- MVC frameworks and common programming design patterns
- User experience best practices
- PHP and SQL knowledge
- Version control systems (Git, Mercurial, Subversion, etc)
- Workflow automation tools (Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, etc)
- Basic GA understanding (goals, events and attribution)
- Familiarity with WHM/cPanel server management software
- Familiarity with Advanced Custom Fields for WordPress Development
NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP-INS PLEASE.
REQUIRED – In order to be considered for this position,
please provide the following information along with your resume:
- In what U.S. are you currently based?
- This position is remote, in the U.S. only. In what U.S. city will you be working from if you obtain this position?
- Are you authorized to work in the U.S.?
- What salary are you looking for?
WE ARE: A full-service advertising, interactive, marketing, PR, and social media agency. We have a team of over 40 people and a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We also have an office dog, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days, happy hours, pool parties and BBQs at the Zions’ home, impromptu gatherings of team members, and enjoying a brew from one of the two full-size office kegs.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18-foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffle board table; a full-size pool table; dart board; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday morning Mimosa and Bloody Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, and a 401(k), as well as the most comprehensive professional development and conference attendance program of any agency in the state.
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
- Annual Bonus
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.