LOCATION: U.S. Remote
OPEN TO EXPERIENCED CANDIDATES or TRULY EXCEPTIONAL NEW GRADS that submit strong long-form writing samples
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. If it’s you, you’ll be key part of our agency’s Content Strategy and Content Marketing offerings. Here’s our wish list. It’s ambitious, so we ask that you are as well:
Being creative and an excellent writer goes without saying as being required. What we’re looking for is someone whose skills go beyond the basics.
- Proposing and driving to completion the development of content, be it written or video
- Planning, writing, and posting blogs and articles to clients’ websites
- Writing up marketing research reports in such a way so that they are ready for consumption by the news media
- Working on Zion & Zion’s own content strategy and content marketing efforts
- Creating content outlines for websites
- Interfacing with the Zion & Zion PR/Social Media team to “translate” content into the social domain
- Writing website content to support website development, redesign, and optimization efforts
- Producing client and internal email copy and ad copy
- Conducting keyword research to support content development and content strategies
- Contributing to the Zion & Zion blog and whitepapers with respect to content strategy and content development
Skills and Experience:
- Able to write in a wide variety of styles appropriate to the particular situation, content type, and client brand
- 1-3+ years work experience in developing interactive content (email, web, blog, case study, and other long-form content)
- WordPress CMS experience
- Google Analytics experience (preferred)
- 4-year degree in marketing, marketing communications, journalism or a related area
WRITING SAMPLES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED WHEN YOU APPLY.
NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP-INS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We are also a dog-friendly office, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal-breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days and happy hours.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18-foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffleboard table; a full-size pool table; dartboard; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day, and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday-morning Mimosa-and-Bloody-Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
Note that remote team members should expect to visit our Arizona office approximately once every six to eight weeks for team building and work-related activities. We also provide a full work-from-home setup with three monitors for all agency personnel whether they are remote or not.
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
- Annual Bonus
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.