LOCATION: We are based–as is this position–in Tempe, AZ—an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. If it’s you, you’ll be part of the cornerstone of our firm’s Content Strategy/Content Marketing offerings. Here’s our wish list—it’s ambitious, so we ask that you are as well:
Being creative and an excellent writer goes without saying as being required. What we’re looking for is someone whose skills go beyond the basics. Specifically, the ideal candidate will also have the following skills and experience:
- Developing Content Strategy for various Zion & Zion clients
- Preparing Content Strategy documents/presentations for client and internal use
- Proposing and driving to completion the development of content be it written, video, interactive tools, etc.
- Proposing and driving the visual display of online content with respect to the client’s website layout, and interface with the Zion & Zion Web Design team to ensure implementation
- Interfacing with the Zion & Zion PR/Social Media team to expand distribution of client content
- Interfacing with the Zion & Zion Internet Marketing & Analytics team to ensure tracking and reporting with respect to client content viewing/use and also to ensure proper search engine optimization of content
- Interfacing with the Zion & Zion Web/Mobile Applications Development team to ensure implementation of client Content Strategy-specific applications and features
- Speak and present to clients on Content Strategy in general and direction for their Content Strategy in particular
- Attend industry conferences on Content Strategy and Content Marketing and Development
- Develop and Maintain Zion & Zion’s Content Strategy Offering Document
- Act as the Zion & Zion agency expert on all things related to Content Strategy and Content Development
- Identify new Content Strategy concepts and ideas
- Regularly review Content Strategy blogs and publications and integrate worthwhile ideas into Zion & Zion’s Content Strategy offerings
- Contribute to the Zion & Zion blog with respect to Content Strategy and Content Development
- Actively engage on Twitter via your own personal account and via the @ZionandZion account regarding Content Strategy-related topics
- Actively engage and post on the Zion & Zion Facebook account with respect to Content Strategy, content being developed and to maintain the “personality” of our agency
- Provide guidance on information architecture to drive the structure and organization of content with respect to various customer segments and to maintain a balance between information presentation and information function
- Develop site maps to illustrate navigation and accessibility of content
- Develop content maps to illustrate how content and pages interact with other content and pages
- Develop page schematics: Black and white line drawings or block diagrams to hand off to a visual designer. These may, or may not, reflect layout and are used mostly to inform the designer and the client exactly what information, links, content, promotional space, and navigation will be on every page of the site. Schematics also help illustrate priority.
- Develop storyboards to illustrate concepts, interaction and flow
3-5 years work experience in developing interactive content
2+ years experience in an agency setting
2+ experience in creating/writing content for Web or other
Fluency in Microsoft Windows-based desktop applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
4 year degree in marketing, marketing communications, journalism or a related area
Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the guy or gal for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, data strategy, analytics, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a relatively flat organization and extremely limited hierarchy that facilitates collaboration and open communication both within and across departments, and to senior leaders.
We bring together all of our team members three to four times per year for a week of in-person collaboration and professional development.
Everyone is equipped with two to three monitors for their home office, and people are free to work relatively flexible hours, within their own time zone.
We are as much about learning and thought leadership as we are about profitability. We believe that the smarter we are, and the more collaborative we are, and the more we embrace innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, the better both our people and our organization will perform.
Our senior leaders are always accessible to absolutely anyone in the organization for a quick Zoom chat on thought leadership, innovation, or career-development advice. Whatever our people need, we’re there for them.
We pride ourselves on our agility and doing what other agencies either cannot do, or cannot do fast enough.
We also pride ourselves on what we call being T-shaped. i.e. we encourage people to learn and grow by understanding agency functions across our organization. T-shaped people can be contrasted with I-shaped people–The “T” is the idea that you have horizontal connections to what is beside you, as opposed to the “I” representing being siloed and vertical.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, multi-day, agency holiday event at a resort (in 2022, the event was held at Disney World in Florida).
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.