LOCATION: U.S. Remote
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB:
We are looking for a seasoned Data Engineer to join our MarTech and Data Strategy team. This role will be a hands-on role supporting the team on the execution of various projects such as building client data warehouses, setting up data pipelines to stream data into Customer Data Platforms, and providing data engineering solutions for our data science and data visualization teams.
Core Candidate Attributes:
- Obsessed with data quality
- Able to link data to business cases
- Team player – mentalities like “That’s not my job” do not exist here
- Fiercely curious – passionate about what you build
- Understanding of marketing technology and the value it brings to an organization
- Collaborating with teams like account management, data strategy, solutions architecture
- Writing and sharing data processing specs
- Fluent in Python and SQL
- Understanding of Rest APIs
- Proposing cloud and data architecture
- Quickly able to pick up new technologies and practices
- Juggling multiple projects projects and working in a fast paced environment
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work with internal and external teams to design and implement technical architecture in order to facilitate the advanced activation of data
- Interacting with 3rd party MarTech solutions (Google Analytics, Google Marketing Platform, Data Management Platforms, Tag Management Solutions, Adobe Analytics, Clouds, Customer Data Platforms, etc.)
- Come up with creative solutions to integrate data from a variety of sources into platforms and data warehouses
- Work with internal teams to specify data processing pipelines (database schemas, integrity constraints, delivery throughput) for use case activations and implement it in the cloud
- Work with internal data science team to scope and check typical machine learning and AI project requirements
- Work with data visualization teams to design and implement tables to help power complex dashboards
Skills and experience:
- 4-6 years experience in a data engineering role
- Significant experience and (preferably) certified in public cloud products: GCP Cloud Architect / Data Engineer or equivalent on AWS
- Experience with tools like dbt
- Familiar with ETL/ELT and (nice to have) reverse ETL platforms
- Experience on a cloud-based or Business Intelligence project (as a technical project manager, developer or architect)
- DevOps capabilities (CI/CD, Infrastructure as code, Docker, etc.)
- Experience leveraging digital data in the cloud for marketing activations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfortable working with both marketing and technical teams
- Client-facing experience for detailed technical specifications discussions
- Fluent in SQL, Python or R
- Experienced in working with event-driven systems
- Experienced with Pub/Sub or equivalent message broker platform
- Knowledge of cloud computing best practices (IE – security, cost-control, etc.)
- Experienced with version control systems
- Experienced in building webhooks
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a relatively flat organization and extremely limited hierarchy that facilitates collaboration and open communication both within and across departments, and to senior leaders.
We bring together all of our team members three to four times per year for a week of in-person collaboration and professional development.
Everyone is equipped with two to three monitors for their home office, and people are free to work relatively flexible hours, within their own time zone.
We are as much about learning and thought leadership as we are about profitability. We believe that the smarter we are, and the more collaborative we are, and the more we embrace innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, the better both our people and our organization will perform.
Our senior leaders are always accessible to absolutely anyone in the organization for a quick Zoom chat on thought leadership, innovation, or career-development advice. Whatever our people need, we’re there for them.
We pride ourselves on our agility and doing what other agencies either cannot do, or cannot do fast enough.
We also pride ourselves on what we call being T-shaped. i.e. we encourage people to learn and grow by understanding agency functions across our organization. T-shaped people can be contrasted with I-shaped people–The “T” is the idea that you have horizontal connections to what is beside you, as opposed to the “I” representing being siloed and vertical.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day, and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday-morning Mimosa-and-Bloody-Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.