Director, Client Strategy
LOCATION: US: Remote
AGENCY OR CONSULTING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. If it’s you, you’ll be an integral part of our firm’s account strategy and account management efforts.
Note that the successful candidate for this position will possess an ability to think strategically, not just tactically, and will have experience working with accounts that require “marketing thinking” and “marketing technology thinking” and not just project management skills.
You should also have a thirst for knowledge and aggressively pursue your own development. We are looking for the kind of person that hears about a new marketing topic or marketing technology and feels compelled to go learn more about that topic.
Your ideas for your clients’ businesses will count.
You will not simply coordinate the work of others. You will be also be providing strategy, and will absolutely need to think critically about the recommendations of our subject matter experts and to provide your opinion on their recommendations and to push back as necessary in order to create client solutions that benefit from internal agency dialog, where you are a key player in that dialog.
You will be working with a wide variety of functions within Zion & Zion including MarTech, Media, Creative, Analytics, Data Visualization, Data Science, AdTech, Data Engineering, CX, UX, Content and more.
In addition to typical account management responsibilities, the following also apply.
- Lead the development of marketing strategies supporting lead generation and revenue goals for clients across multiple industries, taking into account each client’s unique customer journeys
- Engage and educate clients on the features and benefits of MarTech solutions related to their business goals – examples include marketing automation / lifecycle marketing platforms, customer data platforms (CDPs), advanced digital media platforms and integrations, etc.
- Provide guidance to agency data/analytics team for the creation of advanced segmentation and data visualizations that will facilitate insights leading to improved campaign performance and ongoing accumulation of learnings. You will be responsible for actively contributing to what should be analyzed and why.
- Work with CX team to provide clients with actionable advanced marketing thought about their various audiences and how creative and messaging should vary along their customers’ journeys and how MarTech and AdTech can be integrated to activate innovative use cases
- Create project estimates and timelines and hold both agency and clients accountable for meeting deadlines
- Expertly presenting complex ideas and concepts to clients in formal and informal settings
- Communicate with, and present to, client C-suite
- Foster a productive and empowering working relationship with all agency and client team members
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge of clients’ businesses and their industries and have an ability to translate that knowledge into actionable strategies and to communicate that knowledge to junior team members to help them develop
- Delegate and provide guidance to junior staff members on assigned accounts within the account team and agency-wide
- Work closely with agency leadership to develop advanced marketing strategies, new offerings, and new use cases for clients
Requisite skills include:
- 6-9+ years with a proven track record in account strategy and account management
- Clearly able to demonstrate superior strategic thinking
- Experience with accounts in multiple industries (B2C + e-comm experience desirable)
- Extensive understanding of complex business concepts and how marketing efforts should support clients’ strategic goals
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex clients and expertly set client expectations
- Advanced understanding of marketing and how it is evolving, especially with respect to MarTech and AdTech
- Digital and analytics savvy
- Experience with accounts that involve CDPs, MarTech, nurture strategies, advanced analytics and a CX-driven approach
AGENCY OR CONSULTING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a relatively flat organization and extremely limited hierarchy that facilitates collaboration and open communication both within and across departments, and to senior leaders.
We bring together all of our team members three to four times per year for a week of in-person collaboration and professional development.
Everyone is equipped with two to three monitors for their home office, and people are free to work relatively flexible hours, within their own time zone.
We are as much about learning and thought leadership as we are about profitability. We believe that the smarter we are, and the more collaborative we are, and the more we embrace innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, the better both our people and our organization will perform.
Our senior leaders are always accessible to absolutely anyone in the organization for a quick Zoom chat on thought leadership, innovation, or career-development advice. Whatever our people need, we’re there for them.
We pride ourselves on our agility and doing what other agencies either cannot do, or cannot do fast enough.
We also pride ourselves on what we call being T-shaped. i.e. we encourage people to learn and grow by understanding agency functions across our organization. T-shaped people can be contrasted with I-shaped people–The “T” is the idea that you have horizontal connections to what is beside you, as opposed to the “I” representing being siloed and vertical.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day, and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday-morning Mimosa-and-Bloody-Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.