Director, Content Strategy
LOCATION: U.S. REMOTE
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: This is an opportunity to own content strategy internally for our agency and externally for our clients. The position is approximately 50% development of long-form content and social content, and 50% strategy, client engagement, and continuing to develop our agency’s own aggressive marketing and content strategy. In this position, you will work directly with all agency departments and directly with senior agency leadership including our CEO, VP Data Science, VP Analytics & Data Strategy, and VP Client Services.
- Provide insight, think strategically, and quickly problem-solve for client and agency needs
- Manage multiple clients’ content projects
- Manage the content deliverables that come out of our market research team. You will also have the opportunity to shape this research. For reference, see the Research section of our website.
- Develop a program of webinars and engagement that enable our agency to more deeply engage our industry partners. For example, working with agency leadership to determine what webinars should we produce, for whom, and on what schedule, etc. Note that the ideal candidate will have the ability to meaningfully influence the content of this deliverable and all other agency content deliverables be they for agency marketing or client needs.
- Collaborate with our marketing automation team to effectively deliver content
- Work with clients to develop appropriate messaging and compelling content tailored to their respective brands
- Work within content management systems and social platforms
- Support the content and social team as well as other agency departments in whatever ways are needed
- Develop creative, engaging content and campaigns to boost our clients’ online reputations
- Monitor and respond to reviews and foster a positive online community
- Research content and social media trends and bring these trends to bear for agency marketing and client marketing as appropriate
- Develop your own thought-leadership articles for the our agency blog
- Develop content measurement KPIs and collaborate with our digital architecture and data visualization team to implement differentiated solutions for clients and agency, providing deep insights and answering business questions
- Guide the direction of agency thought-leadership. For reference, see the Insights section of our website.
Requisite skills include:
- A bachelor’s in marketing, communications, business or a related discipline
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Excellent leadership skills and proven ability to work in a relatively flat, highly collaborative organization
- Strong content development skills, both long and short form
- Excellent grammar and editing skills
- Comfortable presenting internally and in front of clients
- Prior experience and knowledge of Content Management Systems
- Excellent communications skills (both written and spoken)
- Experience with creating content calendars for blog content and social media content
- Experience with managing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn pages for businesses
- Familiarity with managing reviews on sites like Google and Yelp
- Experience with social media scheduling and monitoring platforms
- A strong work ethic and a whatever-it-takes-to-get-the-job-done attitude
- IMPORTANT: the ability to absorb highly technical topics related to marketing technology, digital media, and business strategy so as to both contribute writing to these topics and to guide others in the development of these topics
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We are also a dog-friendly office, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal-breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days and happy hours.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18-foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffleboard table; a full-size pool table; dartboard; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day, and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday-morning Mimosa-and-Bloody-Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
Note that remote team members should expect to visit our Arizona office approximately once every six to eight weeks for team building and work-related activities. We also provide a full work-from-home setup with three monitors for all agency personnel whether they are remote or not.
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
- Annual Bonus
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.