Director, Creative Strategy
LOCATION: U.S. Remote
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. If it’s you, you’ll be key part of our agency’s team, leading Creative Strategy across a variety of areas, including client branding and an array of primarily digital media, including UX, social, email, and content. There will also occasionally be forays into more traditional forms of media. It is IMPORTANT to recognize that this is a highly STRATEGY-oriented role. We are not just looking for an idea factory type of person
- EXCEPTIONAL short-form/headline copywriting skills
- Develop campaign concepts for clients (with a particular focus on digital execution)
- Develop client brands with an emphasis on brand development research and brand development process
- Deep understanding of various channels for creative execution and how those channels align differently with respect to creative approach
- Assess existing client creative strategies and provide direction and identify opportunities for improvement
- Lead our creative visual design team which includes multiple visual designers and UX designers
- Work with members of other agency teams including UX strategy, social, and content
- Develop agency thought leadership on the alignment of creative to the customer journey
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience mentoring team members
- Deep experience with evaluating customers journey and ensuring creative aligns to those journeys
- 3-5+ years work experience in a heavily-DIGITAL creative environment
- 4-year degree in preferred, MBA a definite plus
NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP-INS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We are also a dog-friendly office, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal-breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days and happy hours.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18-foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffleboard table; a full-size pool table; dartboard; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day, and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday-morning Mimosa-and-Bloody-Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
Note that remote team members should expect to visit our Arizona office approximately once every six to eight weeks for team building and work-related activities. We also provide a full work-from-home setup with three monitors for all agency personnel whether they are remote or not.
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
- Annual Bonus
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.