Director of Analytics
LOCATION: We are based–as is this position–in Tempe, AZ—an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. If it’s you, you’ll be part of the cornerstone of our firm’s interactive marketing, analysis and development efforts. Here’s our wish list—it’s ambitious, so we ask that you are as well.
This position goes way beyond simply staring at Google Analytics or another basic web stats package and saying “the most visitors hit this page” or “our time on site is improving.” In fact it even goes beyond developing insights such as “I’m seeing that mobile visitors from California have a different path through the site and convert differently than non-mobile visitors from New York.” What this position about is about begin absolutely fantastic at “interpreting” web analytics data AND at driving site changes based on the interpretation. In short, you have to be a “marketer” as well as an “analyst.”
In this position, you’ll work closely with online marketers, web designers and content strategists to “drive” the evolution of clients’ sites. You’ll also be working with extensively Omniture’s Test & Target and Site Catalyst products. Specifically, the requirements for this position are:
- Omniture Test & Target (4 Years or more experience is a MUST)
- Omniture Site Catalyst (4 Years or more experience is a MUST)
- Other A/B and Multivariate testing experience is a plus
- Be highly proficient in manipulating data via spreadsheets, pivot tables and databases
- Have a track record of conceiving of innovative ways to segment data in order to generate insightful revisions to online marketing campaigns
- Possess the marketing savvy and experience to propose and drive landing page and site structure changes so as to increase client ROI
This person is tasked with being the agency expert on all things related to site testing, segmentation and analytics.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, data strategy, analytics, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a relatively flat organization and extremely limited hierarchy that facilitates collaboration and open communication both within and across departments, and to senior leaders.
We bring together all of our team members three to four times per year for a week of in-person collaboration and professional development.
Everyone is equipped with two to three monitors for their home office, and people are free to work relatively flexible hours, within their own time zone.
We are as much about learning and thought leadership as we are about profitability. We believe that the smarter we are, and the more collaborative we are, and the more we embrace innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, the better both our people and our organization will perform.
Our senior leaders are always accessible to absolutely anyone in the organization for a quick Zoom chat on thought leadership, innovation, or career-development advice. Whatever our people need, we’re there for them.
We pride ourselves on our agility and doing what other agencies either cannot do, or cannot do fast enough.
We also pride ourselves on what we call being T-shaped. i.e. we encourage people to learn and grow by understanding agency functions across our organization. T-shaped people can be contrasted with I-shaped people–The “T” is the idea that you have horizontal connections to what is beside you, as opposed to the “I” representing being siloed and vertical.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, multi-day, agency holiday event at a resort (in 2022, the event was held at Disney World in Florida).
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.