Director / Sr Director, CX
LOCATION: Open to U.S. REMOTE or based in Tempe, AZ— in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We are looking for a passionate, motivated, high-performing team member to lead CX Strategy within our agency. The successful candidate must be able to develop agency processes from scratch that differentiate the agency and align media, marketing automation, CX, UX, creative and analytics toward the goal of addressing the customer journey. Please note that this is not a tactical position, but a strategic one. A high degree of intellectual and conceptual capability and business thinking is required.
- Develop strategic CX-related processes
- Develop nurture strategies for key clients
- Develop journey maps
- Develop processes (from scratch in many cases) to align approaches to creative with customer journey stages
- Work closely with account managers, developers, digital media buyers, marketing automation strategists, creative team members, and Tealium engineers, and clients to deliver impactful customer-journey-driven digital strategies
- Manage your workload across simultaneous projects with proven success coordinating cross-departmentally to accomplish goals
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in multiple digital products, benefits, and features
- Identify and communicate strong use cases
- Analyze complex issues, identify possible solutions, and present recommendations to clients and coworkers
- Own various client relationships in conjunction with account managers
- Provide leadership for our Content/Marketing Automation/Nurture/CX/UX team
- Successfully develop a strategy that is driven by both marketing technology and creative
- Produce articles and white papers
Requisite skills include:
- Hands-on experience with one or more advanced marketing automation platforms such as Marketo, Pardot or Eloqua
- Experience with digital media preferred
- Experience with UX processes preferred, including wireframing (UX certification preferred)
- Experience with data warehousing and data visualization preferred
- Experience interacting with creative teams and developing customer-journey-relevant strategy for creative teams to align to
- In-depth experience with 5 or more following solutions: Web Analytics, Search Engine Marketing, Display Marketing, Email Service Providers, Data Management Platforms, Demand or Supply Side Platforms, Digital Exchanges, Mobile Analytics, Ad Serving, Content Optimization (Multivariate) Testing, Marketing Automation, Tag Management
- Passionate about online marketing optimization, data technologies, and the MarTech space
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer management and project management skills
- Ability to captivate an audience, including client executives
- Bachelor of Marketing, Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- CDP familiarity a MUST (Tealium preferred)
NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP-INS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service advertising, interactive, marketing, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We also have an office dog, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days and happy hours.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18-foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffle board table; a full-size pool table; dart board; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday-morning Mimosa-and-Bloody-Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, and a 401(k), as well as a comprehensive professional development and conference attendance programs. Salary plus bonus.
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked as a top agency and public relations firm, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, digital and analytics core. We also hold positions in the top interactive firms and top web development firms lists in the Business Journal’s Book of Lists. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.