Director / Sr Director, CX
LOCATION: US: Remote
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We are looking for a passionate, motivated, high-performing team member to lead CX Strategy within our agency. The successful candidate must be able to develop agency processes from scratch that differentiate the agency and align media, marketing automation, CX, UX, creative and analytics toward the goal of addressing the customer journey. Please note that this is not a tactical position, but a strategic one. A high degree of intellectual and conceptual capability and business thinking is required.
- Develop strategic CX-related processes
- Develop nurture strategies for key clients
- Develop journey maps
- Develop processes (from scratch in many cases) to align approaches to creative with customer journey stages
- Work closely with account managers, developers, digital media buyers, marketing automation strategists, creative team members, and Tealium engineers, and clients to deliver impactful customer-journey-driven digital strategies
- Manage your workload across simultaneous projects with proven success coordinating cross-departmentally to accomplish goals
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in multiple digital products, benefits, and features
- Identify and communicate strong use cases
- Analyze complex issues, identify possible solutions, and present recommendations to clients and coworkers
- Own various client relationships in conjunction with account managers
- Provide leadership for our Content/Marketing Automation/Nurture/CX/UX team
- Successfully develop a strategy that is driven by both marketing technology and creative
- Produce articles and white papers
Requisite skills include:
- Hands-on experience with one or more advanced marketing automation platforms such as Marketo, Pardot or Eloqua
- Experience with digital media preferred
- Experience with UX processes preferred, including wireframing (UX certification preferred)
- Experience with data warehousing and data visualization preferred
- Experience interacting with creative teams and developing customer-journey-relevant strategy for creative teams to align to
- In-depth experience with 5 or more following solutions: Web Analytics, Search Engine Marketing, Display Marketing, Email Service Providers, Data Management Platforms, Demand or Supply Side Platforms, Digital Exchanges, Mobile Analytics, Ad Serving, Content Optimization (Multivariate) Testing, Marketing Automation, Tag Management
- Passionate about online marketing optimization, data technologies, and the MarTech space
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer management and project management skills
- Ability to captivate an audience, including client executives
- Bachelor of Marketing, Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- CDP familiarity a MUST (Tealium preferred)
NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP-INS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a relatively flat organization and extremely limited hierarchy that facilitates collaboration and open communication both within and across departments, and to senior leaders.
We bring together all of our team members three to four times per year for a week of in-person collaboration and professional development.
Everyone is equipped with two to three monitors for their home office, and people are free to work relatively flexible hours, within their own time zone.
We are as much about learning and thought leadership as we are about profitability. We believe that the smarter we are, and the more collaborative we are, and the more we embrace innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, the better both our people and our organization will perform.
Our senior leaders are always accessible to absolutely anyone in the organization for a quick Zoom chat on thought leadership, innovation, or career-development advice. Whatever our people need, we’re there for them.
We pride ourselves on our agility and doing what other agencies either cannot do, or cannot do fast enough.
We also pride ourselves on what we call being T-shaped. i.e. we encourage people to learn and grow by understanding agency functions across our organization. T-shaped people can be contrasted with I-shaped people–The “T” is the idea that you have horizontal connections to what is beside you, as opposed to the “I” representing being siloed and vertical.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day, and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday-morning Mimosa-and-Bloody-Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.