Executive Assistant to CEO
LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ
GREATER PHOENIX AREA APPLICANTS ONLY
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We are looking for a passionate, motivated, high-performing team member to join our agency.
This position requires a very limited amount of in-office time and can be approximately 70% performed as remote depending upon the week.
The successful Executive Assistant to the CEO will be able to manage stress while always wearing a smile, and will know how to prioritize workload and make definitive suggestions to the CEO and COO as to ways that the Executive Assistant can better manage workload in times of high activity. The Executive Assistant is also responsible for suggesting job-related process improvements and implementing said improvements.
- Managing the CEO’s calendar, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters
- Monitoring CEO’s email to ensure no items requiring follow-up are missed
- Support COO and other senior leaders as needed
- Managing Leadership Team meeting schedules and notes
- Organizing company meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, organizing catering, and light set up and teardown responsibilities
- Managing our recruiting candidate tracking software system
- Managing our company Learning Management System
- Overseeing company OKR (objective and key result) process
- Assisting with office management
- Onboarding new employees in conjunction with COO and team leaders
- Managing company travel
- Answering phone calls in a polite and professional manner
- Performing minor personal-assistant duties comprising less than 10% of your time
- Stopping by the office (typically twice per week, but not necessarily for the full day, to deal with mail and related items)
- 3+ years of executive assistant experience
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects at once
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Proactive and self-directed
- Proficient in various software programs including; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Sheets, Google Docs
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Project management skills
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, data strategy, analytics, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a relatively flat organization and extremely limited hierarchy that facilitates collaboration and open communication both within and across departments, and to senior leaders.
We bring together all of our team members three to four times per year for a week of in-person collaboration and professional development.
Everyone is equipped with two to three monitors for their home office, and people are free to work relatively flexible hours, within their own time zone.
We are as much about learning and thought leadership as we are about profitability. We believe that the smarter we are, and the more collaborative we are, and the more we embrace innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, the better both our people and our organization will perform.
Our senior leaders are always accessible to absolutely anyone in the organization for a quick Zoom chat on thought leadership, innovation, or career-development advice. Whatever our people need, we’re there for them.
We pride ourselves on our agility and doing what other agencies either cannot do, or cannot do fast enough.
We also pride ourselves on what we call being T-shaped. i.e. we encourage people to learn and grow by understanding agency functions across our organization. T-shaped people can be contrasted with I-shaped people–The “T” is the idea that you have horizontal connections to what is beside you, as opposed to the “I” representing being siloed and vertical.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, multi-day, agency holiday event at a resort (in 2022, the event was held at Disney World in Florida).
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.