Front-End Web Developer
LOCATION: We are based–as is this position–in Tempe, AZ—an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We are seeking a self-motivated developer who can take ownership of a wide spectrum of deliverables under the guidance of a lead developer from project to project. Strong time management skills are crucial as you may need to work on multiple projects during any given day. We’re looking for an exceptional individual. If it’s you, then this is a perfect ground-floor opportunity for someone looking to grow. You will be joining our web development team which already consists of multiple front-end and back-end developers, three UX strategists, three content developers, and several interactive designers. The requirements for this position include:
- 2 years experience in web development or a recent grad with a computer science degree
- Strong foundational knowledge in PHP, SQL, HTML, JS and CSS
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap and/or Foundation
- Familiarity with JS frameworks such as Vue, Angular, React etc
- CSS preprocessors (Sass, Less etc)
- WordPress theme development experience
- Knowledge of how to develop responsive sites
- Strong cross-browser testing skills
- Basic Photoshop knowledge (manipulating, compressing and exporting images for web)
- Comfortable in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- jQuery library
- MVC frameworks and common programming design patterns
- User experience best practices
- Version control systems (Git, Mercurial, Subversion, etc)
- Workflow automation tools (Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, etc)
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service advertising, interactive, marketing, PR, and social media agency. We have a team of over 40 people and a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We also have an office dog, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days, happy hours, pool parties and BBQs at the Zions’ home, impromptu gatherings of team members, and enjoying a brew from the two full-size office kegs.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18-foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffle board table; a full-size pool table; dart board; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday morning Mimosa and Bloody Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, and a 401(k), as well as the most comprehensive professional development and conference attendance program of any agency in the state.
OUR CREDENTIALS: Each year we are among the top Ad Agencies in Arizona, and for several years have been ranked the #1 PR firm. We also hold positions in the top interactive firms and top web development firms lists in the Phoenix Business Journal’s Book of Lists. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.