Full-Stack Web Developer
LOCATION: We are based, as is this position, in Tempe, AZ—an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We’re looking for a full-stack developer who is a savvy back-end developer and who can hold their own on the front-end. Roles and responsibilities will vary project to project. Strong project management skills are a must, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while keeping them within scope. The right person must have excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with technical and non-technical team members and clients. We’re looking for a team player who is able to fit into our web development team which already consists of four developers, two dedicated UX strategists, two content developers, and several interactive designers. Agency experience is a plus. The requirements for this position include:
- Front-end framework such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Working knowledge of templating engines like Twig, Smarty, Mustache etc
- Familiarity with CSS pre-processors such as Less or Sass
- JS-based build tools like Grunt, Gulp or Webpack
- Mobile-first experience building responsive interfaces
- Minimum of 4-8 year’s experience with PHP
- PHP-based MVC framework such as Laravel, Drupal, Code Igniter, Symfony, etc
- Concrete understanding of OOP and design patterns
- Relational database concepts for MySQL or NoSQL
- Familiarity with WP theme building
- Solid understanding of REST services
- Experience working with third-party APIs
- Experience developing back-end business logic
- Managing LAMP servers via SSH
- Version control systems such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Basic GA understanding (goals, events and attribution)
- Familiarity with WHM/cPanel software
- Ability to define project requirements and scope project timelines
- Proficiency with Google Analytics & other Google APIs a plus
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing, PR, social media, advertising and interactive agency. We have a team of approximately 40 people and a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of both young and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We also have an office dog, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days, happy hours, pool parties and BBQs at the Zions’ home, impromptu gatherings of team members, and enjoying a brew from the two full-size office kegs.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18 foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffle board table; a full-size pool table; dart board; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday morning Mimosa and Bloody Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, and a 401(k), as well as the most comprehensive professional development and conference attendance program of any agency in the state.
OUR CREDENTIALS: Each year we are among the top Ad Agencies in Arizona, and for several years have been ranked the #1 PR firm. We also hold positions in the top interactive firms and top web development firms lists in the Phoenix Business Journal’s Book of Lists. Very important to us is our ranking as a Best Place to Work.