Media Assistant (Integrated Digital / Traditional Media)
LOCATION: We are based, as is this position, in Tempe, AZ-an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. If it’s you, you’ll be an integral part of our firm’s integrated (digital/traditional) media efforts. Working alongside the Media team, you will lead media accounting, including verifying all media partner invoices for accuracy, addressing discrepancies, and generating client invoices for our digital and traditional media clients. You will also manage creative deadlines and asset distribution (trafficking) to media partners. There will also be an opportunity to grow in this position through assisting both digital and traditional media team members, including hands-on work that may include research, social media advertising, digital ad monitoring, etc.
- Generate client invoices
- Check media vendor invoices for accuracy
- Traffic print, broadcast and out-of-home creative assets to the appropriate contacts
- Traffic digital advertising, including creative asset uploading and tag creation
- Gather proof of performance of all print and digital media
- Conduct research; pull qualitative information using PrimeLingo; gather and analyze competitive spending data
- Create insertion orders and manage distribution to appropriate media contacts; collect signed insertion orders
- Keep media flowcharts updated
- Regularly check the performance of digital media
- Learn how to optimize digital campaigns
- Create reports in Excel, such as pacing reports and conversion metric reports; translate into PowerPoint charts
- Monitor and analyze website traffic and conversions within Google Analytics
- Meet with media and technology vendors to learn about the latest offerings
Requisite skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Marketing, Advertising, Finance, Business Administration, or similar)
(Willing to consider highly capable new grads)
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Experience at a media planning & buying agency preferred
- Knowledge of Advantage software and Google Campaign Manager, aka DCM, a plus
The successful applicant must be truly differentiated and impressive, and must be absolutely committed to doing whatever it takes to move themselves, Zion & Zion, and our clients forward. If your work or work ethic is just on par with that of others, that won’t cut it. Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the guy or gal for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, data strategy, analytics, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a relatively flat organization and extremely limited hierarchy that facilitates collaboration and open communication both within and across departments, and to senior leaders.
We bring together all of our team members three to four times per year for a week of in-person collaboration and professional development.
Everyone is equipped with two to three monitors for their home office, and people are free to work relatively flexible hours, within their own time zone.
We are as much about learning and thought leadership as we are about profitability. We believe that the smarter we are, and the more collaborative we are, and the more we embrace innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, the better both our people and our organization will perform.
Our senior leaders are always accessible to absolutely anyone in the organization for a quick Zoom chat on thought leadership, innovation, or career-development advice. Whatever our people need, we’re there for them.
We pride ourselves on our agility and doing what other agencies either cannot do, or cannot do fast enough.
We also pride ourselves on what we call being T-shaped. i.e. we encourage people to learn and grow by understanding agency functions across our organization. T-shaped people can be contrasted with I-shaped people–The “T” is the idea that you have horizontal connections to what is beside you, as opposed to the “I” representing being siloed and vertical.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, multi-day, agency holiday event at a resort (in 2022, the event was held at Disney World in Florida).
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.