Media Assistant (Integrated Digital / Traditional Media)
LOCATION: We are based, as is this position, in Tempe, AZ—an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
WE ARE: A full-service advertising, interactive, marketing, PR, and social media agency. We have a team of approximately three dozen people and a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR LEADERSHIP: Our firm was founded by Aric Zion (pronounced Eric), who holds a Master’s in Computer Engineering and has both MBA and PhD level training in marketing, and DuGué Zion (pronounced Doo-gay), who holds an MBA. The combination of their Fortune 100 business and technical backgrounds, as well as international assignments in Japan and Europe, has given them the depth and breadth of experience that has enabled our firm to achieve things that other firms only dream of with respect to true integration across PR, social media, interactive and traditional campaigns.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat management structure and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We also have an office dog, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal breaker. You should also be fond of impromptu movie outings, happy hours, and company lake days on the company boat and jet skis. If you’re not, then our medical coverage will allow you to have your head examined.
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are currently ranked amongst the top agencies in Arizona, with various sources also ranking us as #1 Ad Agency, #1 PR firm, and #1 Social Media firm. Very important to us is our ranking as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Greater Phoenix area (companies <50 people) and being ranked as a Top Company to Work for in Arizona by Career Builder.
HOW WE TREAT OUR TEAM MEMBERS:
- We work hard, and we play hard. But we don’t work people to death. You can expect a 45 to 55 hour week.
- We provide ample opportunities for outside learning and try to send each team member to one or two multi-day, out-of-state conferences per year.
- We treat our team members as well as we treat our clients. In fact, the new 14,000 sq ft Zion & Zion building was designed with the detailed input of every team member and with furnishings and features that are all about team member collaboration and enjoyment.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. If it’s you, you’ll be an integral part of our firm’s integrated (digital/traditional) media efforts. You’ll get hands on experience with how advertising is bought and sold from the brightest minds in traditional and digital advertising. Working alongside the Media Director and Media Supervisor, you will assist in planning, buying, and stewarding media for Zion & Zion’s clients. We are looking to for an individual who can provide innovative, strategic ideas and be able to work independently. Here’s our wish list—it’s ambitious, so we ask that you are as well:
- Conduct research; pull qualitative information using PrimeLingo; gather and analyze competitive spending data
- Create insertion orders and manage distribution to appropriate media contacts; collect signed insertion orders
- Keep media flowcharts updated
- Traffic print, broadcast and digital creative assets to the appropriate contacts
- Gather proof of performance of all print and digital media
- Regularly check performance of digital media
- Learn how to optimize digital campaigns
- Create reports in Excel, such as pacing reports and conversion metrics; translate into charts within PowerPoint
- Monitor and analyze website traffic and conversions within Google Analytics
- Check media invoices for accuracy
- Meet with media and technology vendors to learn about the latest offerings in the market
Requisite skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Marketing, Advertising, Finance, or Business Administration)
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- An excellent communicator (written and spoken)
- 0-1 years of experience at a media planning & buying agency (internship or similar)
The successful applicant must be truly differentiated and impressive and must be absolutely committed to doing whatever it takes to move themselves, Zion & Zion, and our clients forward. If your work or work ethic is just on par with that of others, that won’t cut it. Exceptional oral and written communications skills and ability to present to clients are a must. Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the guy or gal for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.