Media Assistant (Integrated Digital / Traditional Media)
LOCATION: We are based, as is this position, in Tempe, AZ—an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. If it’s you, you’ll be an integral part of our firm’s integrated (digital/traditional) media efforts. Working alongside the Media team, you will lead media accounting, including verifying all media partner invoices for accuracy, addressing discrepancies, and generating client invoices for our digital and traditional media clients. You will also manage creative deadlines and asset distribution (trafficking) to media partners. There will also be an opportunity to grow in this position through assisting both digital and traditional media team members, including hands-on work that may include research, social media advertising, digital ad monitoring, etc.
- Generate client invoices
- Check media vendor invoices for accuracy
- Traffic print, broadcast and out-of-home creative assets to the appropriate contacts
- Traffic digital advertising, including creative asset uploading and tag creation
- Gather proof of performance of all print and digital media
- Conduct research; pull qualitative information using PrimeLingo; gather and analyze competitive spending data
- Create insertion orders and manage distribution to appropriate media contacts; collect signed insertion orders
- Keep media flowcharts updated
- Regularly check the performance of digital media
- Learn how to optimize digital campaigns
- Create reports in Excel, such as pacing reports and conversion metric reports; translate into PowerPoint charts
- Monitor and analyze website traffic and conversions within Google Analytics
- Meet with media and technology vendors to learn about the latest offerings
Requisite skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Marketing, Advertising, Finance, Business Administration, or similar)
(Willing to consider highly capable new grads)
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Experience at a media planning & buying agency preferred
- Knowledge of Advantage software and Google Campaign Manager, aka DCM, a plus
The successful applicant must be truly differentiated and impressive, and must be absolutely committed to doing whatever it takes to move themselves, Zion & Zion, and our clients forward. If your work or work ethic is just on par with that of others, that won’t cut it. Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the guy or gal for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service advertising, interactive, marketing, PR, and social media agency. We have a team of over 40 people and a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We also have an office dog, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days, happy hours, pool parties and BBQs at the Zions’ home, impromptu gatherings of team members, and enjoying a brew from one of the two full-size office kegs.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18-foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffle board table; a full-size pool table; dart board; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday morning Mimosa and Bloody Mary get together, and a Sunday late-morning buffet brunch.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, and a 401(k), as well as the most comprehensive professional development and conference attendance program of any agency in the state.
OUR CREDENTIALS: Each year we are among the top Ad Agencies in Arizona, and for several years have been ranked the #1 PR firm. We also hold positions in the top interactive firms and top web development firms lists in the Phoenix Business Journal’s Book of Lists. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.