LOCATION: US: Remote
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: Zion & Zion is looking for a passionate, motivated, and experienced person to work in a variety of areas that will support our agency and its growth. In this position, you will work with people across the agency, from multiple departments and be key to our continued efficient operations.
- Updating and maintaining records of expenditures
- Paying company credit cards
- Responding to vendor invoices
- Ensuring that all payments are made in accordance with company policy
- Ensuring that all payments are sent on time
- Resolving payment discrepancies and disputes on behalf of the company
- Preparing and sending invoices to customers
- Posting payments to customer accounts
- Organizing and filing deposit receipts as invoices are paid
- Preparing reports on delinquent accounts and customer payment profiles
- Reconciling cash receipts and deposits
- Analyzing financial records for accuracy
- Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills, and errands
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events
- Organize orientation and training of new staff members
- Analyze and monitor internal processes
- Implement procedural and policy changes to improve operational efficiency
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory
- Review and approve office supply acquisitions
- Oversee the guest experience and ensure a personal, friendly experience for anyone coming into the office, and maintain complete accessibility in both availability and warmth of character
- Drive company culture
- Strong Excel skills as well as proficiency in all Microsoft Office products
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Must be a self-starter and driven
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Agency experience a plus
NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP-INS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a relatively flat organization and extremely limited hierarchy that facilitates collaboration and open communication both within and across departments, and to senior leaders.
We bring together all of our team members three to four times per year for a week of in-person collaboration and professional development.
Everyone is equipped with two to three monitors for their home office, and people are free to work relatively flexible hours, within their own time zone.
We are as much about learning and thought leadership as we are about profitability. We believe that the smarter we are, and the more collaborative we are, and the more we embrace innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, the better both our people and our organization will perform.
Our senior leaders are always accessible to absolutely anyone in the organization for a quick Zoom chat on thought leadership, innovation, or career-development advice. Whatever our people need, we’re there for them.
We pride ourselves on our agility and doing what other agencies either cannot do, or cannot do fast enough.
We also pride ourselves on what we call being T-shaped. i.e. we encourage people to learn and grow by understanding agency functions across our organization. T-shaped people can be contrasted with I-shaped people–The “T” is the idea that you have horizontal connections to what is beside you, as opposed to the “I” representing being siloed and vertical.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day, and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday-morning Mimosa-and-Bloody-Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.