PR Senior Account Executive
LOCATION: U.S. Remote
AGENCY EXPERIENCE AN ABSOLUTE MUST
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: Zion & Zion is looking for a passionate, organized, relentless, take-the-bull-by-the-horns person, unafraid-to-pitch-any-story public relations person that will support our clients’ and the agency’s growth. We are looking for someone that can think strategically, not just tactically, and will be professional and confident in front of clients.
- Serve as the day-to-day liaison between clients and the agency
- Analyze the clients’ objectives to build public relations strategies and plans that influence public opinion and promote products, ideas and services
- Maintain or build clients’ images, identities and credibility
- Write press releases, media advisories, bylined articles, editorial pieces, talking points, and more
- Build and maintain targeted media lists
- Monitor and compile media hits, and provide comprehensive reporting
- Conceptualize and execute creative brand storytelling
- Respond to media inquiries on behalf of clients
- Proactively pitch story angles to appropriate media outlets and reporters
- Establish and nurture relationships with key media outlets and reporters
- Coach client representatives in effective communication skills for interviews
- Provide effective crisis communications solutions, when needed
- 3 years or more of public relations/media relations experience
- A bachelor’s in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing, business, or a related discipline (MBA is a definite plus but not required)
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with the latest PR trends and best practices
- Ability to work on overarching strategy plans as well as day-to-day tasks
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically
- Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet client objectives
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, exceptional follow-up
- Creative in securing coverage for clients
- Understanding of how public relations efforts can/should support clients’ strategic goals
- Strong personality that will be immediately perceived by clients as providing leadership
- Proven ability to manage complex clients, to manage multiple clients simultaneously, and to expertly set client expectations
- Proven ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to create a productive, collaborative work environment
- Social media savvy
AGENCY EXPERIENCE AN ABSOLUTE MUST
NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP-INS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a relatively flat organization and extremely limited hierarchy that facilitates collaboration and open communication both within and across departments, and to senior leaders.
We bring together all of our team members three to four times per year for a week of in-person collaboration and professional development.
Everyone is equipped with two to three monitors for their home office, and people are free to work relatively flexible hours, within their own time zone.
We are as much about learning and thought leadership as we are about profitability. We believe that the smarter we are, and the more collaborative we are, and the more we embrace innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, the better both our people and our organization will perform.
Our senior leaders are always accessible to absolutely anyone in the organization for a quick Zoom chat on thought leadership, innovation, or career-development advice. Whatever our people need, we’re there for them.
We pride ourselves on our agility and doing what other agencies either cannot do, or cannot do fast enough.
We also pride ourselves on what we call being T-shaped. i.e. we encourage people to learn and grow by understanding agency functions across our organization. T-shaped people can be contrasted with I-shaped people–The “T” is the idea that you have horizontal connections to what is beside you, as opposed to the “I” representing being siloed and vertical.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day, and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday-morning Mimosa-and-Bloody-Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
- Annual Bonus
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.