Public Relations / Social Media
LOCATION: U.S. Remote
So you think that you’re among the best and the brightest?
If you do, then you’ve come to the right place!
Zion & Zion is currently accepting applications for the position of Public Relations and Social Media Intern. If hired, this position would require at least 24 hours a week (3 days). You should also either have completed or be pursuing a degree in Journalism, Mass Communications, Public Relations or a related area. Internship duties include tracking media hits, drafting releases, producing and issuing media alerts, creating social media campaigns, working on client social media accounts, creating fact sheets and media kits, producing client meeting summaries, attending client meetings, compiling media research and building targeted media lists for clients; and other miscellaneous public relations tasks.
We are looking to hire someone who is hungry to learn about this industry, who can provide innovative, strategic and creative ideas and can work independently. You should also be current with events and news and have strong writing skills. Due to the requirements of this internship, prior internship experience is highly recommended. Please note that this position is paid, and you will gain firsthand knowledge and opportunities to build your portfolio. Errands and minor grunt work may occasionally be required.
Applicants from around the US and Canada and visiting foreign students are welcome to apply. The selectees will have the opportunity to work with some of the best and the brightest in the marketing, PR, social media, design and advertising world, at Zion & Zion.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, data strategy, analytics, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a relatively flat organization and extremely limited hierarchy that facilitates collaboration and open communication both within and across departments, and to senior leaders.
We bring together all of our team members three to four times per year for a week of in-person collaboration and professional development.
Everyone is equipped with two to three monitors for their home office, and people are free to work relatively flexible hours, within their own time zone.
We are as much about learning and thought leadership as we are about profitability. We believe that the smarter we are, and the more collaborative we are, and the more we embrace innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, the better both our people and our organization will perform.
Our senior leaders are always accessible to absolutely anyone in the organization for a quick Zoom chat on thought leadership, innovation, or career-development advice. Whatever our people need, we’re there for them.
We pride ourselves on our agility and doing what other agencies either cannot do, or cannot do fast enough.
We also pride ourselves on what we call being T-shaped. i.e. we encourage people to learn and grow by understanding agency functions across our organization. T-shaped people can be contrasted with I-shaped people–The “T” is the idea that you have horizontal connections to what is beside you, as opposed to the “I” representing being siloed and vertical.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, multi-day, agency holiday event at a resort (in 2022, the event was held at Disney World in Florida).
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.