Sr Account Executive
LOCATION: We are based, as is this position, in Tempe, AZ—an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. If it’s you, you’ll be a key part of our firm’s account management team.
- Day-to-day interface between the client and the agency
- Managing several client accounts in varying industries
- Assisting in the development of advertising strategies; media plans; and solutions to creative, logistical, and technical problems
- Building a relationship with client POCs
- Growing clients’ businesses by identifying opportunities and working with upper management to bring these to the clients
- Being the expert on clients’ businesses and knowledgeable on their industries
- Creating and/or providing feedback on project estimates and timelines
- Developing appropriate reporting for each client and ensuring it is updated in a timely manner
- Foreseeing client problems before they happen and heading them off
- Identifying client “hot buttons” and ensuring entire account team is aware
- Ensuring client is receiving all agreed upon services – on time and within budget
- Overseeing the status and quality of all client work
- Presenting project concepts to client POCs
- Working closely with all departments to keep them informed of any changes in client and/or competitive climates
- Identifying potential new business opportunities to senior leadership
Here’s our wish list—it’s ambitious, so we ask that you are as well.
- 5 years or more of account management experience
- 5 years or more of marketing experience
- A bachelor’s in marketing, business or a related discipline (MBA is a plus but not required)
- A thorough understanding of business concepts and the ability to have in-depth business discussions with clients
- Proficient with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to read and understand client sales and operational data
- Ability to understand client reporting needs and build a team to provide them the necessary information
- A strong personality that will immediately be perceived by clients as providing leadership
- Ability to have business and project conversations with clients
- Proven ability to manage multiple clients, projects and set client expectations
- Ability to identify challenges/issues with a client accounts
- Proven ability to build relationships with internal account team members to create a productive, collaborative work environment for your client account teams
- Savvy in enough areas of marketing that working with our PR team, social media team, web development team, media buying team, creative and video production team, and VP of strategy will not be overwhelming
Agency experience is a must.
Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the guy or gal for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing, PR, social media, advertising and interactive agency. We have a team of approximately 40 people and a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of both young and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We also have an office dog, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days, happy hours, pool parties and BBQs at the Zions’ home, impromptu gatherings of team members, and enjoying a brew from the two full-size office kegs.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18 foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffle board table; a full-size pool table; dart board; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday morning Mimosa and Bloody Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, and a 401(k), as well as the most comprehensive professional development and conference attendance program of any agency in the state.
OUR CREDENTIALS: Each year we are among the top Ad Agencies in Arizona, and for several years have been ranked the #1 PR firm. We also hold positions in the top interactive firms and top web development firms lists in the Phoenix Business Journal’s Book of Lists. Very important to us is our ranking as a Best Place to Work.