Senior Account Manager
LOCATION: Open to U.S. REMOTE or based in Tempe, AZ— in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. If it’s you, you’ll be an integral part of our firm’s account management efforts. Note that the successful candidate for this position will possess an ability to think strategically, not just tactically, and will have experience working with accounts that require “marketing thinking” from their account manager, and not just project management skills. Your ideas for your clients’ businesses will count. You will not simply coordinate the work of others, although you will be working with a wide variety of functions within Zion & Zion including MarTech, Media, Creative, CX, UX, Content and more. In addition to standard account management responsibilities, the following also apply.
- Provide deep marketing insight based on client data and analytics
- Demonstrate effectiveness of advertising and communications, including digital advertising and nurture campaigns using real-time dashboards and data visualization to communicate with clients in frequent sync meetings and/or major presentations to stakeholders
- Provide guidance to agency data/analytics team for the creation of advanced segmentation and data visualizations that will facilitate insights leading to improved campaign performance and ongoing accumulation of learnings
- Engage and educate clients on the features and benefits for MarTech solutions related to their business goals – examples include marketing automation platforms, customer data platforms (CDP with Tealium preferred), advanced digital media platforms, etc.
- Lead the development of marketing strategies supporting lead generation and sales for clients across multiple industries, taking in account each client’s unique customer journeys
- Work with CX team to provide clients with actionable advanced marketing thought about their various audiences and how creative and messaging should vary along their customers’ journeys
- Communicate with, and present to, client C-suite
- Create project estimates and timelines and hold both agency and clients accountable for meeting deadlines
- Provide guidance to, and mentor, junior staff members on assigned accounts within the account team and agency-wide
- Work closely with agency leadership to develop advanced marketing strategies for clients
Requisite skills include:
- 5-7+ years with a proven track record in account management
- Experience with accounts in multiple industries (B2C + B2B experience desirable)
- Ability to think strategically
- Advanced understanding of marketing and how it is evolving, especially with respect to MarTech
- Digital and analytics savvy
- Experience with accounts that involve CDPs, MarTech, nurture strategies, advanced analytics and a CX-driven approach
- Various marketing skills and areas of understanding are desirable. Examples of the types of skills/experience that are useful include: market research, journey mapping, process development, applying marketing frameworks, etc.
NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP-INS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service advertising, interactive, marketing, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We also have an office dog, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days and happy hours.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18-foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffle board table; a full-size pool table; dart board; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday-morning Mimosa-and-Bloody-Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, and a 401(k), as well as a comprehensive professional development and conference attendance programs. Salary plus bonus.
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked as a top agency and public relations firm, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, digital and analytics core. We also hold positions in the top interactive firms and top web development firms lists in the Business Journal’s Book of Lists. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.