Senior Digital Media Planner/Buyer
LOCATION: Open to U.S. REMOTE
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We are looking for a passionate, motivated, high-performing team member to join our agency.
The Digital Media Planner/Buyer must have demonstrated expertise across digital channels, with media planning and buying experience, and understand how digital fits in a client’s overall marketing/media strategy. This position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of multiple campaigns from plan development to reporting, ensuring clients’ needs and expectations are fulfilled. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, proficient at managing multiple projects, highly organized, analytical, exhibits strong presence in front of clients and team members, and possesses effective communication skills. The candidate must also be deeply interested in understanding more about technologies such as Customer Data Platforms, which are essential to embracing a world where the use of third-party cookies is rapidly being diminished.
- Management of paid social media campaigns across platforms such as Facebook Business/Ads, Twitter Ads, LinkedIn Ads
- Management of programmatic media campaigns in one or more DSPs (TradeDesk, Basis, etc.), making recommendations, optimizations, pacing management and reporting.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Know when and why to use different targeting methodologies (behavioral, contextual, demographic, lookalike, cross-device, retargeting).
- Basic knowledge of traditional media; be able to speak strategically about how digital and traditional media work together
- Media planning and buying software (Media Ocean, Advantage, etc.)
- Using website analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Strategy and set up of pixel implementation and conversion tracking across tag management and media platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Communications (Marketing, Advertising, Finance, Business Administration, or similar)
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- An excellent communicator (written and verbal)
- 3+ years of experience at a media planning & buying agency
- Must be a proactive team player willing to roll your sleeves up and help the team as needed
- Ability to manage simultaneous tasks in a fast-paced technology-oriented environment
- Analytical mindset with a knack for rapid troubleshooting and ability to problem-solve independently
- Self-starter who can keep track of multiple projects and meet deadlines without a direct manager to prioritize their workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed to work in a cross functional company environment
- PLUSES: CDP experience, analytics experience, understanding of media tactic alignment to points in customer journeys
- Managing multi-media campaigns across platforms for clients including but not limited to: planning, buying, and negotiating digital as well as paid social media campaigns: display, video, mobile, native, etc.
- Be able to optimize digital campaigns and work with media partners as well as ad tech to improve campaign performance
- Creative asset trafficking via Google Campaign Manager or another ad server
- Seeking out new digital media and ad technology – seek out the latest offerings in the market
- Pull media pacing reports and analyze against KPIs
- Responsible for the day-to-day digital media planning, campaign management and optimizations for assigned clients
- Provide digital media recommendations with supporting rationale and POVs
- Optimize campaign strategy and tactics to maximize campaign results and ensure that client goals are achieved
- Leverage CDPs in digital media strategy and development of digital media plans aligned to the customer journey
- Speak eloquently to the relationship of data, media strategy and CDPs
- Maintain deep, ongoing understanding of implications of the use of third-party cookies being diminished and what the suite of options are to deal with that fact, including various vendors approaches to the situation and the role of CDPs
- Use available research to inform strategy and media tactic decisions
- Maintain and oversee digital media budgets and ensure proper and timely invoice reconciliation occurs
- Actualize media flowcharts
NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP-INS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We also have an office dog, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days and happy hours.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18-foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffle board table; a full-size pool table; dart board; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday-morning Mimosa-and-Bloody-Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
Note that remote team members should expect to visit our Arizona office approximately once every six to eight weeks for team building and work-related activities. We also provide a full work-from-home setup with three monitors for all agency personnel whether they are remote or not.
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
- Annual Bonus
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.