Senior Digital Media Planner/Buyer
LOCATION: US: Remote
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB:
We’re looking for an exceptional individual. Here’s our wish list—it’s ambitious, so we ask that you are as well:
The Sr Digital Media Planner/Buyer must have demonstrated expertise across digital channels, with media planning and buying experience, and understand how digital fits in a client’s overall marketing/media strategy. The position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of a campaign from plan development to reporting, ensuring clients’ needs and expectations are fulfilled. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, proficient at managing multiple projects, highly organized, analytical, exhibits strong leadership qualities and possess effective communication skills.
- Experience planning, buying, and negotiating digital media: online display, video, mobile, and native. Experience managing paid social campaigns is a plus!
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Comfortable presenting in front of clients; experience with new business pitches a plus
- Know when and why to use different targeting methodologies (behavioral, contextual, demographic, lookalike, cross-device, retargeting) and feel comfortable speaking on each to educate clients.
- Make media allocation decisions based on media objectives and target audience research
- Be able to optimize digital campaigns and work with media partners and/or ad tech to improve campaign performance
- Put together kickass presentations; analyze the meaning behind data
- Creative asset trafficking as appropriate to vendors and internal trading team
- Seeking out new digital media and ad technology – seek out the latest offerings in the market
- Pull media pacing reports and analyze against KPIs
- Responsible for the day-to-day digital media planning, campaign management and optimizations for assigned clients.
- Provide digital media recommendations with supporting rationale and POVs.
- Optimize campaign strategy and tactics to maximize campaign results and ensure that client goals are achieved.
- Basic knowledge of traditional media; be able to speak strategically about how digital and traditional media work together
- Use available research to inform strategy and media tactic decisions
- Maintain and oversee account digital media budgets and ensure proper and timely invoice reconciliation occurs
Know these tools:
- Google Campaign Manager/ DCM Ad Server Experience
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Advantage (ideal)
- Facebook Business Manager & Twitter Ads
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
Requisite skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Communications (Marketing, Advertising, Finance, Business Administration, or similar)
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- An excellent communicator (written and verbal)
- 5+ years of experience at a media planning & buying agency
- Must be a proactive team player willing to roll your sleeves up and help the team as needed
- Ability to manage simultaneous tasks in a fast-paced technology-oriented environment
- Analytical mindset with a knack for rapid troubleshooting and ability to problem-solve independently
- Self-starter who can keep track of multiple projects and meet deadlines without a direct manager to prioritize their desk
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed to work in a cross functional company environment
The successful applicant must be a true team player and must be absolutely committed to doing whatever it takes to move themselves, Zion & Zion, and our clients forward.
Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the guy or gal for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a relatively flat organization and extremely limited hierarchy that facilitates collaboration and open communication both within and across departments, and to senior leaders.
We bring together all of our team members three to four times per year for a week of in-person collaboration and professional development.
Everyone is equipped with two to three monitors for their home office, and people are free to work relatively flexible hours, within their own time zone.
We are as much about learning and thought leadership as we are about profitability. We believe that the smarter we are, and the more collaborative we are, and the more we embrace innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, the better both our people and our organization will perform.
Our senior leaders are always accessible to absolutely anyone in the organization for a quick Zoom chat on thought leadership, innovation, or career-development advice. Whatever our people need, we’re there for them.
We pride ourselves on our agility and doing what other agencies either cannot do, or cannot do fast enough.
We also pride ourselves on what we call being T-shaped. i.e. we encourage people to learn and grow by understanding agency functions across our organization. T-shaped people can be contrasted with I-shaped people–The “T” is the idea that you have horizontal connections to what is beside you, as opposed to the “I” representing being siloed and vertical.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day, and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday-morning Mimosa-and-Bloody-Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.