Senior Digital Media Planner/Buyer
LOCATION: We are based, as is this position, in Tempe, AZ-an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing, PR, social media, advertising, and interactive agency. We have a team of 39 people and a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of both energetic and experienced talent.
OUR LEADERSHIP: Our firm was founded by Aric Zion (pronounced Eric), who holds a Master’s in Computer Engineering and has both MBA and PhD level training in marketing, and DuGué Zion (pronounced Doo-gay), who holds an MBA. The combination of their Fortune 100 business and technical experience, as well as international assignments in Japan and Europe, has given them a tremendous amount of valuable knowledge as well as a depth and breadth of experience that has enabled our firm to achieve things that other firms only dream of with respect to true integration across PR, social media, interactive, and traditional campaigns.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat management structure and a "no-walls" office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We also have an office dog, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal breaker. You should also be fond of impromptu movie outings, happy hours, and company lake days on the company boat and jet skis. If you’re not, then our medical coverage will allow you to have your head examined.
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are currently ranked as one of the top Ad Agencies in Arizona, as well as the #1 PR firm, #1 Social Media firm, and #1 Online Marketing firm in Arizona. We also hold positions in the top interactive firms and top web development firms lists in the Phoenix Business Journal’s Book of Lists. Very important to us is our ranking as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Greater Phoenix area (companies <50 people). This ranking is particularly important to us because it allowed our employees to dress up as cowboys and cowgirls at the western themed event that celebrated the winners. Natural of you to ask at this point if we get out much.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. Here’s our wish list—it’s ambitious, so we ask that you are as well:
- Strategic planning experience; thorough knowledge of the digital media landscape; knows how to differentiate between digital media companies (when they’re all selling the same thing)
- Comfortable presenting in front of clients; experience with new business pitches
- Experience planning, buying, and negotiating digital media: online display, video, mobile, native, social, and paid search
- Experience with programmatic buying: know who the players are in the market and which ones are good at what
- Know when and why to use different targeting methodologies (behavioral, contextual, demographic, lookalike, cross-device, retargeting)
- Make media allocation decisions based on media objectives and target audience research
- Exceptionally strong Excel skills; be able to optimize digital campaigns and work with media partners and/or ad tech to improve campaign performance
- Put together kickass presentations; analyze the meaning behind data
- Know these tools:
- ComScore and/or Quantcast
- Sizmek or DoubleClick or similar
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager (ideal)
- Advantage (ideal)
- Traffic digital creative assets
- Use available research to inform strategy and media tactic decisions
- Know basic traditional media; be able to speak strategically about how digital and traditional media work together
- Monitor and analyze web traffic and conversions within Google Analytics
- Love digital media and ad technology – seek out the latest offerings in the market
Requisite skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Marketing, Advertising, Finance, or Business Administration)
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- An excellent communicator (written and spoken)
- 3+ years of experience at a media planning & buying agency
The successful applicant must be a true team player. People primarily looking to "climb the career ladder" will not fit in well here. We’re much more about horizontal growth first, and vertical growth second. See this article on our blog to get a deeper understanding of what we’re looking for and what our culture is about.
Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the guy or gal for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.