Senior Director, Digital Analytics Strategy
LOCATION: U.S. or Europe Remote
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We are looking for a passionate, motivated, high-performing team member to join our agency.
The Senior Director, Digital Analytics Strategy will be part of the Customer Data Platform (CDP), CX, and Analytics practice here at Zion & Zion. Our clients include national and global companies for which we provide a broad array of services, brining to bear our wealth of subject matter experts.
This role requires in-depth web analytics strategy and web analytics solution design experience (NOT just analytics “implementation” experience, but analytics “strategy” experience) with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding clients’ expectations.
This role also requires expert-level knowledge of a wide variety of marketing technology platforms, with an emphasis on CDP.
- Lead stakeholder discussions and help clients to translate business objectives into website KPIs and goals
- Produce analytics measurement plans for all types of digital properties – from single-page applications, large multi-site platforms, to gaming and connected devices
- Lead technology & strategy solution engagements across multi-functional workstreams; customer data platform (CDP), data onboarding and activation, and analytics
- Work with our Solutions Architecture and Consulting team to advise on data and analytics technology topics
- Provide expert consulting services and thought leadership to clients and potential clients
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendor partners to develop solutions to meet client’s unique requirements, which include combinations of data, technology, partners, integrations and analytics
- Serve as client’s digital marketing ecosystem subject matter expert
- Manage and own multiple client relationships, serving as the subject matter expert for analytics
- Collaborate and guide cross functional teams through integration projects with competing priorities, several stakeholders, and tight timelines.
- Train clients on how to access and leverage their data to make informed decision
- 9+ years of hands-on experience in analytics strategy and execution
- 3+ years’ experience working at a digital agency or ad agency
- A passion for using data to tell stories, understanding customer behavior, surfacing insights, and inform decisions
- Expert-level knowledge of digital analytics solutions and experience developing analytics measurement strategies
- Ability to communicate with technical resources
- Expert knowledge of digital analytics solutions including Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Amplitude and/or similar digital analytics platforms
- Experience with CDPs, such as Tealium, Segment, mParticle, Amperity, Adobe Experience Platform, Treasure Data
- Customer use case knowledge to proactively identify growth opportunities
- A solid understanding of marketing technologies
- Experience planning and conducting A/B tests and interpreting experiment results using platforms such as Optimizely, Google Optimize, AB Tasty, VWO, or similar
- Experience implementing analytics for native mobile apps and/or offline applications
- Experience with heat-mapping and/or session recording platforms such as Hotjar, FullStory, or similar
- Experience with analytics for data-driven personalization use cases
NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP-INS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a relatively flat organization and extremely limited hierarchy that facilitates collaboration and open communication both within and across departments, and to senior leaders.
We bring together all of our team members three to four times per year for a week of in-person collaboration and professional development.
Everyone is equipped with two to three monitors for their home office, and people are free to work relatively flexible hours, within their own time zone.
We are as much about learning and thought leadership as we are about profitability. We believe that the smarter we are, and the more collaborative we are, and the more we embrace innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, the better both our people and our organization will perform.
Our senior leaders are always accessible to absolutely anyone in the organization for a quick Zoom chat on thought leadership, innovation, or career-development advice. Whatever our people need, we’re there for them.
We pride ourselves on our agility and doing what other agencies either cannot do, or cannot do fast enough.
We also pride ourselves on what we call being T-shaped. i.e. we encourage people to learn and grow by understanding agency functions across our organization. T-shaped people can be contrasted with I-shaped people–The “T” is the idea that you have horizontal connections to what is beside you, as opposed to the “I” representing being siloed and vertical.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day, and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday-morning Mimosa-and-Bloody-Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
- Annual Bonus
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.