Senior Marketing Automation Strategist
LOCATION: U.S. REMOTE
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: This role will be responsible for supporting the execution and optimization of email programs across the full customer lifecycle including acquisition, onboarding, activation, growth, retention, and reactivation. In this role, you will collaborate with the Marketing Automation team and Account Managers, as well as cross-functionally with Strategy, CX/UX, Creative, Social, Digital Media, and CDP team members on a day-to-day basis, to provide a world-class customer experience to our clients and their audiences.
- Develop Marketing Automation strategies for key agency clients
- Integrate Marketing Automation platforms into other marketing technologies including: Customer Data Platform (CDP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), SMS, Reporting Visualization tools
- Coordinate with Zion & Zion subject matter experts and clients on specific campaign details
- Build, test, and approve email campaigns using WYSIWYG templated email editors
- Assist Marketing Automation strategist and Account Manager with related on-going tasks
- Understand and evaluate campaign metrics and distribute campaign performance to the marketing team with proven ability to define and act upon data-driven insights
- Plan and perform A/B testing to define and execute enhancements to productivity, conversion rates, programs/campaign ROI, and sales growth
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions to technical errors and technology misconfiguration
- Research, test and apply best practices to improve marketing automation performance
- Author early-stage use-case requirements
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or a related field (preferred)
- Extensive experience in the use of marketing automation technology (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Pardot, Marketo, Hubspot, etc.)
- Salesforce experience (2 years required; 5 years preferred)
- Extremely strong collaboration skills – with experience working across other Marketing teams, Client Success, Sales, UX, Product, and Data Science
- Knowledge of database management concepts
- Proficiency in HTML
- Proficiency in SQL preferred
- Highly organized and self-motivated with a sense of urgency
- Strong independent project management skills
- Experience working across multiple industries
NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP-INS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We are also a dog-friendly office, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal-breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days and happy hours.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18-foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffleboard table; a full-size pool table; dartboard; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day, and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday-morning Mimosa-and-Bloody-Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
Note that remote team members should expect to visit our Arizona office approximately once every six to eight weeks for team building and work-related activities. We also provide a full work-from-home setup with three monitors for all agency personnel whether they are remote or not.
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
- Annual Bonus
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.