Senior Media Planner/Buyer
LOCATION: Open to U.S. REMOTE
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We are looking for a passionate, motivated, high-performing team member to join our agency.
This position is approximately 20% traditional media and 80% digital media. Candidates must be well-versed in traditional media, but we are willing to teach the digital part.
The Senior Media Planner/Buyer must have demonstrated expertise across both traditional and digital channels, with media planning and buying experience, and understand how media fits into a client’s overall marketing strategy. This position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of multiple campaigns from plan development to reporting, ensuring clients’ needs and expectations are fulfilled. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, proficient at managing multiple projects, highly organized, analytical, exhibits strong presence in front of clients and team members, and possesses effective communication skills. The candidate must also be deeply interested in understanding more about technologies such as Customer Data Platforms, which are essential to embracing a world where the use of third-party cookies is rapidly being diminished.
Requirements / Responsibilities:
- Experience with Strata
- Experience with Scarborough
- Management of digital media campaigns across platforms such as Facebook Business/Ads, Twitter Ads, LinkedIn Ads
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of when and why to use different targeting methodologies (behavioral, contextual, demographic, lookalike, cross-device, retargeting).
- Knowledge of media planning and buying software (Media Ocean, Advantage, etc.)
- Ability to use website analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Ability to set up of pixel implementation and conversion tracking across tag management and media platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Communications (Marketing, Advertising, Finance, Business Administration, or similar)
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be a proactive team player willing to roll your sleeves up and help the team as needed
- Ability to manage simultaneous tasks in a fast-paced technology-oriented environment
- Analytical mindset with a knack for rapid troubleshooting and ability to problem-solve independently
- Self-starter who can keep track of multiple projects and meet deadlines without a direct manager to prioritize their workload
- Creative asset trafficking
- Seeking out new digital media and ad technology – seek out the latest offerings in the market
- Pull media pacing reports and analyze against KPIs
- Responsible for the day-to-day media planning, campaign management and optimizations for assigned clients
- Provide media recommendations with supporting rationale and POVs
- Optimize campaign strategy and tactics to maximize campaign results and ensure that client goals are achieved
- Use available research to inform strategy and media tactic decisions
- Maintain and oversee media budgets and ensure proper and timely invoice reconciliation occurs
- Actualize media flowcharts
NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP-INS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, data strategy, analytics, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a relatively flat organization and extremely limited hierarchy that facilitates collaboration and open communication both within and across departments, and to senior leaders.
We bring together all of our team members three to four times per year for a week of in-person collaboration and professional development.
Everyone is equipped with two to three monitors for their home office, and people are free to work relatively flexible hours, within their own time zone.
We are as much about learning and thought leadership as we are about profitability. We believe that the smarter we are, and the more collaborative we are, and the more we embrace innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, the better both our people and our organization will perform.
Our senior leaders are always accessible to absolutely anyone in the organization for a quick Zoom chat on thought leadership, innovation, or career-development advice. Whatever our people need, we’re there for them.
We pride ourselves on our agility and doing what other agencies either cannot do, or cannot do fast enough.
We also pride ourselves on what we call being T-shaped. i.e. we encourage people to learn and grow by understanding agency functions across our organization. T-shaped people can be contrasted with I-shaped people–The “T” is the idea that you have horizontal connections to what is beside you, as opposed to the “I” representing being siloed and vertical.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, multi-day, agency holiday event at a resort (in 2022, the event was held at Disney World in Florida).
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.