Senior PPC/SEO Strategist
LOCATION: We are based, as is this position, in Tempe, AZ—an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. Here’s our wish list—it’s ambitious, so we ask that you are as well:
- Knowledge of constructing and managing PPC campaigns, as a requirement, goes without saying. What we’re looking for is someone whose skills go beyond the basics. The ideal candidate will be a quantitative and marketing magician.
- Support SEO strategies within the agency and facilitate cross-departmental understanding as it relates to the needs of agency clients
- Expert in manipulating data in Excel to uncover performance insights
- Strong track record of conceiving innovative ways to segment data in order to generate insightful optimizations to online marketing campaigns
- Strong marketing savvy and experience to propose and drive landing page and site structure changes to increase client ROI
- Expert in extreme multi-tasking
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Lead the development and execution of custom SEO strategies
- Analyze websites to identify gaps and opportunities as relating to SEO
- Generate dynamic keyword research
- Assist with meta data and the implementation of redirects throughout website development and migration
- Report on organic traffic and keyword rankings
- Perform link outreach
- 5-7 years of experience in PPC campaign management
- 3+ years of SEO experience with a proven track record for growing organic traffic while adhering to Google Quality Guidelines
- 3+ years agency experience or corporate experience managing diverse sets of PPC campaigns
- Google Ads, Bing Ads, and Google Analytics certified
- Fluent in Google Search Console
- Experience with Google My Business
- Basic experience with WordPress
- Reporting tool experience
- Experience with Schema.org and its various functions
- A hunger for knowledge and a method to stay up to date with the latest SEO trends
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to present to clients
- Knowledge of Google Data Studio a plus
- Agency experience a plus
- Knowledge of Google Data Studio a plus
- Knowledge of Tableau a plus
Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the guy or gal for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, data strategy, analytics, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a relatively flat organization and extremely limited hierarchy that facilitates collaboration and open communication both within and across departments, and to senior leaders.
We bring together all of our team members three to four times per year for a week of in-person collaboration and professional development.
Everyone is equipped with two to three monitors for their home office, and people are free to work relatively flexible hours, within their own time zone.
We are as much about learning and thought leadership as we are about profitability. We believe that the smarter we are, and the more collaborative we are, and the more we embrace innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, the better both our people and our organization will perform.
Our senior leaders are always accessible to absolutely anyone in the organization for a quick Zoom chat on thought leadership, innovation, or career-development advice. Whatever our people need, we’re there for them.
We pride ourselves on our agility and doing what other agencies either cannot do, or cannot do fast enough.
We also pride ourselves on what we call being T-shaped. i.e. we encourage people to learn and grow by understanding agency functions across our organization. T-shaped people can be contrasted with I-shaped people–The “T” is the idea that you have horizontal connections to what is beside you, as opposed to the “I” representing being siloed and vertical.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, multi-day, agency holiday event at a resort (in 2022, the event was held at Disney World in Florida).
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.