Senior Account Executive, PR/Social Media
LOCATION: We are based, as is this position, in Tempe, AZ—an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. If it’s you, you’ll be a key part of our firm’s public relations/social media team.
In terms of work tasks, you’re likely to do much of the following:
- Manage several complex, large client public relations or social media accounts in varying industries
- Lead the development of public relations and/or social media strategies
- Develop client messaging, story angles and communication plans, including crisis communications
- Influence the direction of clients’ communication vehicles such as advertising, web presence, and email marketing
- Garner national, regional, and local media attention for clients
- Build strong relationships with senior members of the client’s organization
- Foresee client problems before they happen and provide insights on how to head them off
- Identify client “hot buttons” as they relate to public relations or social media and provide guidance to account team on how to maintain focus on the appropriate areas within the account
- Ensure clients are receiving all agreed upon services on time and within budget
- Confidently present complex ideas and concepts to clients in formal and informal settings
- Foster a productive and empowering working relationship with all team members
- Provide guidance to, and be a mentor for, the junior staff on assigned accounts
Here’s our wish list—it’s ambitious, so we ask that you are as well:
- 5+ years of public relations experience
- 3+ years of social media experience
- 2+ years’ experience in an agency setting
- A bachelor’s in public relations, marketing, business or a related discipline (MBA is a plus but not required)
- A strong personality that will be immediately perceived by clients as providing leadership
- Proven ability to garner national media attention for clients
- Ability to foresee challenges/issues with client accounts before they happen and propose solutions
- Proven ability to build relationships with internal account team members to create a productive, collaborative work environment
- A strong work ethic and whatever it takes to get the job done attitude
Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the guy or gal for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service advertising, interactive, marketing, PR, and social media agency. We have a team of over 40 people and a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We also have an office dog, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days, happy hours, pool parties and BBQs at the Zions’ home, impromptu gatherings of team members, and enjoying a brew from the two full-size office kegs.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18-foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffle board table; a full-size pool table; dart board; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday morning Mimosa and Bloody Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, and a 401(k), as well as the most comprehensive professional development and conference attendance program of any agency in the state.
OUR CREDENTIALS: Each year we are among the top Ad Agencies in Arizona, and for several years have been ranked the #1 PR firm. We also hold positions in the top interactive firms and top web development firms lists in the Phoenix Business Journal’s Book of Lists. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and CareerBuilder as a Best Place to Work