LOCATION: We are based, as is this position, in Tempe, AZ-an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. Here’s our wish list—it’s ambitious, so we ask that you are as well:
We’re looking for a true analyst, researcher, and critical thinker who is focused on the client’s consumer and market, with hands-on abilities to:
- Provide context for branding and advertising strategies by analyzing a wide range of information in great detail: including demographics, psychographics, sales data, socio-economics, cultural and industry trends, and market share in both B2B/B2C arenas
- Assess a product or service, which may involve gaining technical or specific knowledge, in regards to a set of business problems, target market and audience, purchasing behaviors, etc.
- Create and design a research study from the initial premise to analyzing the data, but more importantly formulating key insight(s)
- Commission research from outside organizations using both qualitative methods, such as focus groups and structured interviews, and quantitative methods, such as demographic profiling and questionnaires
- Present conclusions and ideas in a clear and meaningful manner; specific to the difference between a client’s current perceptions of their market positioning and brand, and a strategic manner in which to develop and reposition their unique selling proposition, brand proposition, and identity
Requisite skills include:
- Mastery of Excel
- Knowledge of Mosaic and/or PRIZM segments
- Experience with mapping software
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics
- Knowledge of multiple industries
- Strong knowledge of business KPIs
- MINIMUM 5 years relevant experience
- Agency experience a plus
The successful applicant must be a true team player. People primarily looking to “climb the career ladder” will not fit in well here. We’re much more about horizontal growth first, and vertical growth second. See this article on our blog to get a deeper understanding of what we’re looking for and what our culture is about.
Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the guy or gal for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, data strategy, analytics, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a relatively flat organization and extremely limited hierarchy that facilitates collaboration and open communication both within and across departments, and to senior leaders.
We bring together all of our team members three to four times per year for a week of in-person collaboration and professional development.
Everyone is equipped with two to three monitors for their home office, and people are free to work relatively flexible hours, within their own time zone.
We are as much about learning and thought leadership as we are about profitability. We believe that the smarter we are, and the more collaborative we are, and the more we embrace innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, the better both our people and our organization will perform.
Our senior leaders are always accessible to absolutely anyone in the organization for a quick Zoom chat on thought leadership, innovation, or career-development advice. Whatever our people need, we’re there for them.
We pride ourselves on our agility and doing what other agencies either cannot do, or cannot do fast enough.
We also pride ourselves on what we call being T-shaped. i.e. we encourage people to learn and grow by understanding agency functions across our organization. T-shaped people can be contrasted with I-shaped people–The “T” is the idea that you have horizontal connections to what is beside you, as opposed to the “I” representing being siloed and vertical.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, multi-day, agency holiday event at a resort (in 2022, the event was held at Disney World in Florida).
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.