LOCATION: We are based, as is this position, in Tempe, AZ-an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. Here’s our wish list—it’s ambitious, so we ask that you are as well:
We’re looking for a true analyst, researcher, and critical thinker who is focused on the client’s consumer and market, with hands-on abilities to:
- Provide context for branding and advertising strategies by analyzing a wide range of information in great detail: including demographics, psychographics, sales data, socio-economics, cultural and industry trends, and market share in both B2B/B2C arenas
- Assess a product or service, which may involve gaining technical or specific knowledge, in regards to a set of business problems, target market and audience, purchasing behaviors, etc.
- Create and design a research study from the initial premise to analyzing the data, but more importantly formulating key insight(s)
- Commission research from outside organizations using both qualitative methods, such as focus groups and structured interviews, and quantitative methods, such as demographic profiling and questionnaires
- Present conclusions and ideas in a clear and meaningful manner; specific to the difference between a client’s current perceptions of their market positioning and brand, and a strategic manner in which to develop and reposition their unique selling proposition, brand proposition, and identity
Requisite skills include:
- Mastery of Excel
- Knowledge of Mosaic and/or PRIZM segments
- Experience with mapping software
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics
- Knowledge of multiple industries
- Strong knowledge of business KPIs
- MINIMUM 5 years relevant experience
- Agency experience a plus
The successful applicant must be a true team player. People primarily looking to “climb the career ladder” will not fit in well here. We’re much more about horizontal growth first, and vertical growth second. See this article on our blog to get a deeper understanding of what we’re looking for and what our culture is about.
Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the guy or gal for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing, PR, social media, advertising and interactive agency. We have a team of approximately 40 people and a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of both young and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We also have an office dog, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days, happy hours, pool parties and BBQs at the Zions’ home, impromptu gatherings of team members, and enjoying a brew from the two full-size office kegs.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18 foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffle board table; a full-size pool table; dart board; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday morning Mimosa and Bloody Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, and a 401(k), as well as the most comprehensive professional development and conference attendance program of any agency in the state.
OUR CREDENTIALS: Each year we are among the top Ad Agencies in Arizona, and for several years have been ranked the #1 PR firm. We also hold positions in the top interactive firms and top web development firms lists in the Phoenix Business Journal’s Book of Lists. Very important to us is our ranking as a Best Place to Work.