LOCATION: We are based, as is this position, in Tempe, AZ-an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing, PR, social media, advertising, and interactive agency. We have a team of 40 people and a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of both energetic and experienced talent.
OUR LEADERSHIP: Our firm was founded by Aric Zion (pronounced Eric), who holds a Master’s in Computer Engineering and has both MBA and PhD level training in marketing, and DuGué Zion (pronounced Doo-gay), who holds an MBA. The combination of their Fortune 100 business and technical experience, as well as international assignments in Japan and Europe, has given them a tremendous amount of valuable knowledge as well as a depth and breadth of experience that has enabled our firm to achieve things that other firms only dream of with respect to true integration across PR, social media, interactive, and traditional campaigns.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat management structure and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We also have an office dog, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal breaker. You should also be fond of impromptu movie outings, happy hours, and company lake days on the company boat and jet skis. If you’re not, then our medical coverage will allow you to have your head examined.
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are currently ranked as one of the top Ad Agencies in Arizona, as well as the #1 PR firm, #1 Social Media firm, and #1 Online Marketing firm in Arizona. We also hold positions in the top interactive firms and top web development firms lists in the Phoenix Business Journal’s Book of Lists. Very important to us is our ranking as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Greater Phoenix area (companies <50 people). This ranking is particularly important to us because it allowed our employees to dress up as cowboys and cowgirls at the western themed event that celebrated the winners. Natural of you to ask at this point if we get out much.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. Here’s our wish list—it’s ambitious, so we ask that you are as well:
We’re looking for a true analyst, researcher, and critical thinker who is focused on the client’s consumer and market, with hands-on abilities to:
- Provide context for branding and advertising strategies by analyzing a wide range of information in great detail: including demographics, psychographics, sales data, socio-economics, cultural and industry trends, and market share in both B2B/B2C arenas
- Assess a product or service, which may involve gaining technical or specific knowledge, in regards to a set of business problems, target market and audience, purchasing behaviors, etc.
- Create and design a research study from the initial premise to analyzing the data, but more importantly formulating key insight(s)
- Commission research from outside organizations using both qualitative methods, such as focus groups and structured interviews, and quantitative methods, such as demographic profiling and questionnaires
- Present conclusions and ideas in a clear and meaningful manner; specific to the difference between a client’s current perceptions of their market positioning and brand, and a strategic manner in which to develop and reposition their unique selling proposition, brand proposition, and identity
Requisite skills include:
- Mastery of Excel
- Knowledge of Mosaic and/or PRIZM segments
- Experience with mapping software
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics
- Knowledge of multiple industries
- Strong knowledge of business KPIs
- MINIMUM 5 years relevant experience
- Agency experience a plus
The successful applicant must be a true team player. People primarily looking to “climb the career ladder” will not fit in well here. We’re much more about horizontal growth first, and vertical growth second. See this article on our blog to get a deeper understanding of what we’re looking for and what our culture is about.
Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the guy or gal for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.