Social Media Specialist
LOCATION: We are based, as is this position, in Tempe, AZ—an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. If it’s you, you’ll be a key part of our firm’s social media team.
- Managing multiple social media communities in varying industries
- Creating social media content strategies
- Developing creative, engaging content and campaigns to boost our clients’ online reputations
- Monitoring and responding to negative reviews and fostering a positive online community
- Researching and staying abreast of current social media trends
- Interpreting analytics data, optimizing content strategy, and reporting on results
- Working with the media team to create paid social campaign strategies
- Communicating and building relationships with clients and responding to client inquiries
Here’s our wish list—it’s ambitious, so we ask that you are as well:
- A bachelor’s in marketing, communications, business or a related discipline
- 1-3 years of professional social media experience or internships
- Experienced with managing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn pages for businesses
- Familiarity with managing review sites like Google and Yelp
- Experience with social media scheduling and monitoring platforms
- A strong work ethic and whatever it takes to get the job done attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, able to manage multiple projects/tasks
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinking
- Team player
Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the guy or gal for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP-INS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service advertising, interactive, marketing, PR, and social media agency. We have a team of over 40 people and a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We also have an office dog, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days, happy hours, pool parties and BBQs at the Zions’ home, impromptu gatherings of team members, and enjoying a brew from one of the two full-size office kegs.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18-foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffle board table; a full-size pool table; dart board; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday morning Mimosa and Bloody Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, and a 401(k), as well as the most comprehensive professional development and conference attendance program of any agency in the state.
OUR CREDENTIALS: Each year we are among the top Ad Agencies in Arizona, and for several years have been ranked the #1 PR firm. We also hold positions in the top interactive firms and top web development firms lists in the Phoenix Business Journal’s Book of Lists. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.