Sr Account Supervisor
LOCATION: We are based–as is this position–in Tempe, AZ—an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. If it’s you, you’ll be a key part of our firm’s account management team.
- Day-to-day interface between the client and the agency
- Managing several complex, larger client accounts in varying industries
- Leading the development of advertising strategies; media plans; and solutions to creative, logistical, and technical problems
- Building a strong working and personal relationship with client POCs and their management
- Growing clients’ businesses by identifying opportunities, presenting to client, gaining client approval
- Being the expert on clients’ businesses and their industries and sharing this knowledge with junior team members
- Overseeing client budgets and forecasts
- Supervising reporting needs based on client “business questions” and the creative use of data to answer said questions. Providing deep insight and feedback on client custom reports.
- Managing vendor relationships
- Foreseeing client problems before they happen and providing insights to team on how to head them off
- Identifying client “hot buttons” and providing guidance to account team on how to maintain focus on the appropriate areas within the account
- Ensuring client is receiving all agreed upon services – on time and within budget
- Overseeing quality of all work provided to client ensuring it is staying on brand and within guidelines
- Providing feedback to client as well as direction and material to ensure they maintain their brand internally
- Expertly presenting complex ideas and concepts to clients in formal and informal settings
- Fostering a productive and empowering working relationship with all team members working on client accounts
- Providing guidance to, and being a mentor for, the junior staff on assigned accounts
- Actively recruiting new agency clients
Here’s our wish list—it’s ambitious, so we ask that you are as well.
- 9 years or more of account management experience
- 9 years or more of marketing experience
- A bachelor’s in marketing, business or a related discipline (MBA is a plus but not required)
- Extensive understanding of complex business concepts and how marketing efforts should support clients’ strategic goals
- Ability to manipulate data and uncover strategic insights within client sales and operational data
- Ability to form insights related to client reporting and deliver said insights to the client
- A strong personality that will be immediately perceived by clients as providing leadership
- Proven ability to manage complex multiple clients and expertly set client expectations
- Ability to foresee challenges/issues with client accounts before they happen and propose solutions
- Proven ability to build relationships with internal account team members to create a productive, collaborative work environment for you client account teams
- Ability to identify potential new clients to the organization
Agency experience is a must.
Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the guy or gal for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing, PR, social media, advertising and interactive agency. We have a team of approximately 40 people and a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of both young and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We also have an office dog, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days, happy hours, pool parties and BBQs at the Zions’ home, impromptu gatherings of team members, and enjoying a brew from the two full-size office kegs.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18 foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffle board table; a full-size pool table; dart board; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday morning Mimosa and Bloody Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, and a 401(k), as well as the most comprehensive professional development and conference attendance program of any agency in the state.
OUR CREDENTIALS: Each year we are among the top Ad Agencies in Arizona, and for several years have been ranked the #1 PR firm. We also hold positions in the top interactive firms and top web development firms lists in the Phoenix Business Journal’s Book of Lists. Very important to us is our ranking as a Best Place to Work.