Sr Account Supervisor
LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ or U.S. REMOTE
SIGNIFICANT AGENCY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: Do you love to solve marketing problems? Are you truly strategic and go beyond managing tasks and projects? Can you hold your own in business conversations both within the marketing domain and in other business disciplines, with senior executives? Zion & Zion is looking for a passionate, motivated, and experienced business thinker to join our growing client services team. You will be involved in accounts that span both B2C and B2B as well as accounts that span a variety of industries. You will need to think beyond just “advertising” and “media” and will need to understand MarTech and to dive into a client’s business and business model and see things that the client may not have thought of. This position can be thought of as part strategic business consultant and part account management.
- Day-to-day interface between clients and the agency
- Managing several complex, larger client accounts in varying industries
- Leading the development of advertising strategies; media plans; MarTech solutions; and solutions to creative, logistical, and technical problems
- Building a strong working and personal relationship with client POCs and their management
- Growing clients’ businesses by identifying opportunities, presenting to client, gaining client approval
- Being the expert on clients’ businesses and their industries and sharing this knowledge with junior team members
- Overseeing client budgets and forecasts
- Supervising reporting needs based on client “business questions” and the creative use of data to answer said questions.
- Specifying exactly what types of custom reports you believe a client should see and working with our analytics and data visualization teams to develop and provide deep insight and feedback on client custom reports
- Managing vendor relationships
- Foreseeing client problems before they happen and providing insights to team on how to head them off
- Identifying client “hot buttons” and providing guidance to account team on how to maintain focus on the appropriate areas within the account
- Ensuring client is receiving all agreed upon services – on time and within budget
- Overseeing quality of all work provided to client ensuring it is staying on brand and within guidelines
- Providing feedback to client as well as direction and material to ensure they maintain their brand internally
- Expertly presenting complex ideas and concepts to clients in formal and informal settings
- Fostering a productive and empowering working relationship with all team members working on client accounts
- Providing guidance to, and being a mentor for, the junior staff on assigned accounts
- Actively recruiting new agency clients
- 5 years or more of account management experience
- 5 years or more of marketing experience
- A bachelor’s in marketing, business or a related discipline (MBA is a definite plus but not required)
- Extensive understanding of complex business concepts and how marketing efforts should support clients’ strategic goals
- Ability to manipulate data and uncover strategic insights within client sales and operational data
- Ability to form insights related to client reporting and deliver said insights to the client
- A strong personality that will be immediately perceived by clients as providing leadership
- Proven ability to manage complex multiple clients and expertly set client expectations
- Ability to foresee challenges/issues with client accounts before they happen and propose solutions
- Proven ability to build relationships with internal account team members to create a productive, collaborative work environment for you client account teams
- Ability to identify potential new clients to the organization
NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP-INS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We also have an office dog, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days and happy hours.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18-foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffle board table; a full-size pool table; dart board; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday-morning Mimosa-and-Bloody-Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
Note that remote team members should expect to visit our Arizona office approximately once every six to eight weeks for team building and work-related activities. We also provide a full work-from-home setup with three monitors for all agency personnel whether they are remote or not.
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
- Annual Bonus
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.