Sr Ad Ops Specialist
LOCATION: We are based, as is this position, in Tempe, AZ—an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We’re looking for a resourceful, curious problem-solver and an ad-tech superstar. If it’s you, you’ll be an integral part of our firm’s growing digital media team.
Working cross-functionally with the Media, Account and Web Development teams, you will lead the online advertising operations for clients at Zion & Zion. Primary responsibilities will include campaign management through our primary ad server, trafficking ad placement tags, and creating and implementing website and media tracking pixels. Things are always changing in this industry, and we are looking for a dedicated, digitally savvy individual to help execute our client’s digital media campaigns flawlessly.
- Collect creative assets and confirm ad specifications
- Troubleshoot ad-serving and creative issues that affect tracking, implementation of floodlights, or reporting
- Work closely with media, web development and analytics teams to help develop and execute pixel implementation and tracking tags as it pertains to media goals
- Monitor and analyze website traffic and conversions within Google Analytics, Ad Server & Tag Management systems
- Assist in the production and trafficking of custom ad units
- Provide ongoing status of campaign implementation to the appropriate teams
- Manage day to day trafficking of digital ad campaigns across multiple platforms such as Google Ads, Basis, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, and others
- Creative & Placement tag creation, testing, and troubleshooting
- Website pixel creation, testing, implementation, and troubleshooting
- Assist media buying team in implementing campaign optimizations
- Pull media pacing reports and analyze against KPIs
- Possess a desire to learn and build continued knowledge of digital media
- Point of contact for ad server technical questions and cost negotiations
Requisite skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Communications (Marketing, Advertising, Business Administration, or similar)
- 3-5 years of Ad Ops experience; preference for media agency background
- Experience with Google Tag Manager is a plus
- Analytical mindset with a knack for rapid troubleshooting and ability to problem-solve independently
- Ability to manage simultaneous tasks in a fast-paced technology-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Extensive trafficking experience with DoubleClick and/or Sizmek
- Understanding of rich media, mobile and video ads units
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Must be a proactive team player willing to roll your sleeves up and help the team as needed
- Comfortable working on a small team
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed to work in a cross functional company environment
- Understanding of media channels (social, display, search, and programmatic a plus!)
- Google Campaign Manager experience a plus
Other Experience (preferred but not required)
- Platforms: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Google Ad Manager, DCM/AdSwerve, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter ads, Google Tag Manager
- Software: advanced Excel
The successful applicant must be truly differentiated and impressive and must be absolutely committed to doing what it takes to move themselves, Zion & Zion, and our clients forward. Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the guy or gal for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service advertising, interactive, marketing, PR, and social media agency. We have a team of over 40 people and a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We also have an office dog, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days, happy hours, pool parties and BBQs at the Zions’ home, impromptu gatherings of team members, and enjoying a brew from one of the two full-size office kegs.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18-foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffle board table; a full-size pool table; dart board; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday morning Mimosa and Bloody Mary get-together, and a Sunday late-morning buffet brunch.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, and a 401(k), as well as the most comprehensive professional development and conference attendance program of any agency in the state.
OUR CREDENTIALS: Each year we are among the top Ad Agencies in Arizona, and for several years have been ranked the #1 PR firm. We also hold positions in the top interactive firms and top web development firms lists in the Phoenix Business Journal’s Book of Lists. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.