Sr Ad Ops Specialist
LOCATION: We are based, as is this position, in Tempe, AZ—an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We’re looking for a resourceful, curious problem-solver and an ad-tech superstar. If it’s you, you’ll be an integral part of our firm’s growing digital media team.
Working cross-functionally with the Media, Account and Web Development teams, you will lead the online advertising operations for clients at Zion & Zion. Primary responsibilities will include campaign management through our primary ad server, trafficking ad placement tags, and creating and implementing website and media tracking pixels. Things are always changing in this industry, and we are looking for a dedicated, digitally savvy individual to help execute our client’s digital media campaigns flawlessly.
- Collect creative assets and confirm ad specifications
- Troubleshoot ad-serving and creative issues that affect tracking, implementation of floodlights, or reporting
- Work closely with media, web development and analytics teams to help develop and execute pixel implementation and tracking tags as it pertains to media goals
- Monitor and analyze website traffic and conversions within Google Analytics, Ad Server & Tag Management systems
- Assist in the production and trafficking of custom ad units
- Provide ongoing status of campaign implementation to the appropriate teams
- Manage day to day trafficking of digital ad campaigns across multiple platforms such as Google Ads, Basis, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, and others
- Creative & Placement tag creation, testing, and troubleshooting
- Website pixel creation, testing, implementation, and troubleshooting
- Assist media buying team in implementing campaign optimizations
- Pull media pacing reports and analyze against KPIs
- Possess a desire to learn and build continued knowledge of digital media
- Point of contact for ad server technical questions and cost negotiations
Requisite skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Communications (Marketing, Advertising, Business Administration, or similar)
- 3-5 years of Ad Ops experience; preference for media agency background
- Experience with Google Tag Manager is a plus
- Analytical mindset with a knack for rapid troubleshooting and ability to problem-solve independently
- Ability to manage simultaneous tasks in a fast-paced technology-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Extensive trafficking experience with DoubleClick and/or Sizmek
- Understanding of rich media, mobile and video ads units
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Must be a proactive team player willing to roll your sleeves up and help the team as needed
- Comfortable working on a small team
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed to work in a cross functional company environment
- Understanding of media channels (social, display, search, and programmatic a plus!)
- Google Campaign Manager experience a plus
Other Experience (preferred but not required)
- Platforms: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Google Ad Manager, DCM/AdSwerve, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter ads, Google Tag Manager
- Software: advanced Excel
The successful applicant must be truly differentiated and impressive and must be absolutely committed to doing what it takes to move themselves, Zion & Zion, and our clients forward. Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the guy or gal for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, data strategy, analytics, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a relatively flat organization and extremely limited hierarchy that facilitates collaboration and open communication both within and across departments, and to senior leaders.
We bring together all of our team members three to four times per year for a week of in-person collaboration and professional development.
Everyone is equipped with two to three monitors for their home office, and people are free to work relatively flexible hours, within their own time zone.
We are as much about learning and thought leadership as we are about profitability. We believe that the smarter we are, and the more collaborative we are, and the more we embrace innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, the better both our people and our organization will perform.
Our senior leaders are always accessible to absolutely anyone in the organization for a quick Zoom chat on thought leadership, innovation, or career-development advice. Whatever our people need, we’re there for them.
We pride ourselves on our agility and doing what other agencies either cannot do, or cannot do fast enough.
We also pride ourselves on what we call being T-shaped. i.e. we encourage people to learn and grow by understanding agency functions across our organization. T-shaped people can be contrasted with I-shaped people–The “T” is the idea that you have horizontal connections to what is beside you, as opposed to the “I” representing being siloed and vertical.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, multi-day, agency holiday event at a resort (in 2022, the event was held at Disney World in Florida).
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.