Sr. Interactive Designer
LOCATION: We are based, as is this position, in Tempe, AZ—an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. If it’s you, you’ll be an integral part of our firm’s Design, Creative, Advertising & Interactive efforts. Here’s our wish list—it’s ambitious, so we ask that you are as well: As an Senior Interactive Designer with Zion & Zion, you’ll work to devise client concepts and to turn those concepts into various media executions with a heavy focus on interactive/web execution. At Zion & Zion, everyone is hands-on, which means that you’ll regularly be called upon to not only devise concepts but to turn those concepts into final files for submission. In this position, you’ll work day to day on the concepting and design of everything from interactive to print, outdoor, TV/video, logos, and branding. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with clients, Zion & Zion front-end and back-end web/app developers, UX designers, and graphic designers, as well as the Zion & Zion PR/Social Media team, Internet Marketing department and Content Strategy department. You’ll get to do cool things that also are the “right” things to do for the client. You’ll get to propose new ideas, tools and techniques, and you’ll get to attend industry conferences all over the country to facilitate continuous improvement of your skills. And we encourage continuous learning and support the idea of our company making software purchases that facilitate our designers doing ever-increasingly creative and powerful things for our clients and to broaden themselves.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience (HOWEVER, if you’re truly amazing, and don’t quite have the number of years listed below, we’ll still take a look at your portfolio and skills):
- 3-5 years in graphic design working across print, web and other interactive media
- 2+ years experience interfacing with web designers
- 3+ years experience with the following: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- 2+ years experience in an agency setting
The successful applicant must have a truly differentiated and impressive portfolio and must be absolutely committed to doing whatever it takes to move themselves, Zion & Zion, and our clients forward. If your work or work ethic is just on par with that of others, that won’t cut it. Exceptional oral and written communications skills and ability to present to clients are a must. Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the guy or gal for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, data strategy, analytics, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a relatively flat organization and extremely limited hierarchy that facilitates collaboration and open communication both within and across departments, and to senior leaders.
We bring together all of our team members three to four times per year for a week of in-person collaboration and professional development.
Everyone is equipped with two to three monitors for their home office, and people are free to work relatively flexible hours, within their own time zone.
We are as much about learning and thought leadership as we are about profitability. We believe that the smarter we are, and the more collaborative we are, and the more we embrace innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, the better both our people and our organization will perform.
Our senior leaders are always accessible to absolutely anyone in the organization for a quick Zoom chat on thought leadership, innovation, or career-development advice. Whatever our people need, we’re there for them.
We pride ourselves on our agility and doing what other agencies either cannot do, or cannot do fast enough.
We also pride ourselves on what we call being T-shaped. i.e. we encourage people to learn and grow by understanding agency functions across our organization. T-shaped people can be contrasted with I-shaped people–The “T” is the idea that you have horizontal connections to what is beside you, as opposed to the “I” representing being siloed and vertical.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, multi-day, agency holiday event at a resort (in 2022, the event was held at Disney World in Florida).
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.