SVP of Client Services
LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: Do you love to solve marketing problems? Are you truly strategic and go beyond managing tasks and projects? Can you hold your own in business conversations both within the marketing domain and in other business disciplines, with senior executives? Zion & Zion is looking for an experienced business thinker to join our leadership team and oversee the client services team. You will help shape the framework on how we interact with our clients and have direct contact with key B2C and B2B clients that span a variety of industries. You will need to think beyond just “advertising”, “media” and “creative” and help drive customer-centric solutions that solve our clients’ core business problems.
- Be an active and strategic member of the agency’s leadership team
- Oversee client services team and internal processes
- Mentor team members from multiple departments, not just within the client services team
- Provide influence and leadership across the entire agency, working directly with other team leaders and other teams’ individual team members
- Collaborate and provide leadership to develop new agency offerings and strategic approaches
- Come up to speed and actively adopt key consulting principles similar to those used by McKinsey, BCG, and Bain (training will be provided by our agency)
- Be the strategic interface between key clients and the agency
- Lead the development of advertising strategies; media plans; MarTech solutions; and solutions to creative, logistical, and technical problems
- Build strong working and personal relationships with client POCs and their executive management
- Grow clients’ businesses by identifying opportunities, presenting to clients, gaining client approval
- Be the expert on clients’ businesses and their industries and sharing this knowledge with junior team members
- Oversee client budgets and forecasts
- Supervise reporting needs based on client “business questions” and the creative use of data to answer said questions
- Collaborate with agency data warehousing and data visualization teams to evolve our insight generation offerings
- Specify exactly what types of custom reports you believe a client should see and work with our analytics and data visualization teams to develop and provide deep insight and feedback on client custom reports
- Foresee client problems before they happen and provide insights to team on how to head them off
- Identify client “hot buttons” and provide guidance to account team on how to maintain focus on the appropriate areas within the account
- Ensure client is receiving all agreed upon services – on time and within budget
- Oversee quality of all work provided to client ensuring it is staying on brand and within guidelines
- Provide feedback to client as well as direction and material to ensure they maintain their brand internally
- Expertly present complex ideas and concepts to clients in formal and informal settings
- Foster a productive and empowering working relationship with all team members working on client accounts
- Participate in Zion & Zion’s new business efforts
- 15 years or more of account management experience
- 15 years or more of marketing experience
- A bachelor’s in marketing, business or a related discipline (MBA is a definite plus but not required)
- Extensive understanding of complex business concepts and how marketing efforts should support clients’ strategic goals
- A strong personality that will be immediately perceived by clients as providing leadership
- Proven ability to manage complex multiple clients and expertly set client expectations
- Ability to foresee challenges/issues with client accounts before they happen and propose solutions
- Ability to build relationships with internal team members to create a productive and collaborative work environment (both within the client services team and cross-departmentally)
- Ability to identify potential new clients to the organization
NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP-INS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We also have an office dog, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days and happy hours.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18-foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffle board table; a full-size pool table; dart board; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday-morning Mimosa-and-Bloody-Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
Note that remote team members should expect to visit our Arizona office approximately once every six to eight weeks for team building and work-related activities. We also provide a full work-from-home setup with three monitors for all agency personnel whether they are remote or not.
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
- Annual Bonus
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.