Director, Traditional Media Planning/Buying
LOCATION: This position can be remote, however, we are based in Tempe, AZ—an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We’re looking for an exceptional individual. If it’s you, you’ll be an integral part of our firm’s media planning and buying team. Here’s our wish list. It’s ambitious, so we ask that you are as well:
The ideal candidate can work efficiently while balancing their tasks and be willing to jump in and help their team on any project that comes their way. Our media team currently consists of nine other media planners/buyers.
- 4+ years of experience buying traditional media, with a special focus on TV, radio and out of home.
- You know the importance of meeting with sellers so that you know and are aware of the options available in a selection set and how to apply that information to put together the best quality buy for a client.
- You should have at least some experience with digital media buying, inclusive of adserving, trafficking, and reporting.
- You know how digital fits into the bigger picture of a media mix.
- You know how to negotiate firmly, but fairly, and you work to get the most value out of a media buy for your clients.
- You understand the importance of post-buy analysis for optimizing future campaigns and making sure that you steward your client’s money as if it were your own.
- Experience with Strata is preferred.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data sources, and how this research will impact buying decisions.
- Experience in Excel – specifically with pivot tables – able to sort and organize data.
Exceptional oral and written communications skills and ability to present to clients are a must.
Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the guy or gal for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service advertising, interactive, marketing, PR, and social media agency. We have a team of over 40 people and a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We also have an office dog, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days, happy hours, pool parties and BBQs at the Zions’ home, impromptu gatherings of team members, and enjoying a brew from one of the two full-size office kegs.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18-foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffle board table; a full-size pool table; dart board; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday morning Mimosa and Bloody Mary get together, and a Sunday late-morning buffet brunch.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, and a 401(k), as well as the most comprehensive professional development and conference attendance program of any agency in the state.
OUR CREDENTIALS: Each year we are among the top Ad Agencies in Arizona, and for several years have been ranked the #1 PR firm. We also hold positions in the top interactive firms and top web development firms lists in the Business Journal’s Book of Lists. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.