LOCATION: U.S. REMOTE
Please note that this is NOT a visual design position, but rather a UX research and strategy position, with the opportunity to work in other strategy-oriented areas of our agency over time.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB: We are looking for an exceptional individual who can provide innovative and strategic ideas to support our UX/CX team that originate from a combination of research, critical thinking, analysis, and creativity. You must be an analytical thinker and problem solver with a keen attention to detail. You must have a strategic business-forward mind and be a real team player. To thrive in this role, you are the #1 advocate for the user / customer.
- Utilize various user-centric processes to conduct research for clients (user testing, preference testing, empathy interviewing, journey mapping, customer feedback, etc.) with the willingness to further your knowledge
- Measure, analyze, and organize user experience research and analytics
- Evaluate website performance using Google Analytics and other platforms to draw insights for recommended improvements
- Implement usability best practices and provide recommendations for websites
- Develop UX artifacts including site maps, wireframes, journey maps, personas, and other key UX documentation
- Present and defend insights and recommendations, internally and to client executives and other product stakeholders, for review and feedback
- Collaborate with and provide direction to designers, content developers, and web developers in order to create a strong digital presence
- Strategize and create content for clients, both long and short form
- Work with clients to develop appropriate messaging tailored to their brand
- Provide insight, think strategically, and quickly problem-solve for client needs
- Learn UX processes and adapt quickly, be a true self-starter
- Develop and implement strategic frameworks and processes related to branding and the customer experience
- Support the UX/CX strategy team whenever and wherever needed
Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, psychology, or a related discipline (MBA or other masters is a definite plus but not required)
- Google Analytics experience preferred
- Demonstrated history of performing user research or gathering qualitative customer data
- 1-2+ years of experience in an agency setting (desirable but not mandatory)
- Prior experience and knowledge of Content Management Systems (preferably WordPress)
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Comfortable presenting internally and in front of clients
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- An excellent communicator (written and spoken)
NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP-INS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing technology, data strategy, analytics, advertising, interactive, public relations, and social media agency. We have a culture driven by innovation, fun, and a wealth of energetic and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a relatively flat organization and extremely limited hierarchy that facilitates collaboration and open communication both within and across departments, and to senior leaders.
We bring together all of our team members three to four times per year for a week of in-person collaboration and professional development.
Everyone is equipped with two to three monitors for their home office, and people are free to work relatively flexible hours, within their own time zone.
We are as much about learning and thought leadership as we are about profitability. We believe that the smarter we are, and the more collaborative we are, and the more we embrace innovation and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, the better both our people and our organization will perform.
Our senior leaders are always accessible to absolutely anyone in the organization for a quick Zoom chat on thought leadership, innovation, or career-development advice. Whatever our people need, we’re there for them.
We pride ourselves on our agility and doing what other agencies either cannot do, or cannot do fast enough.
We also pride ourselves on what we call being T-shaped. i.e. we encourage people to learn and grow by understanding agency functions across our organization. T-shaped people can be contrasted with I-shaped people–The “T” is the idea that you have horizontal connections to what is beside you, as opposed to the “I” representing being siloed and vertical.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, multi-day, agency holiday event at a resort (in 2022, the event was held at Disney World in Florida).
- United Health Care Health Benefits: Zero wait period, 8 plans to choose from, receive medical coverage on Day 1
- United Health Care Dental & VSP vision: Zero wait period, receive dental & vision coverage on Day 1
- FSA & HSA options: pretax contributions towards qualified health expenses
- Optum Wellness: get personalized wellness coaching
- 401(k): plus Roth options
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life & Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Employee paid Disability Insurance
- Training & Development: Online training courses, online learning resources, virtual learning events, certifications available
- Perks at Work: discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants
- Employee Assistance Program: access registered nurses, counselors, virtual doctor visits, legal consultation, and much more
- Commuter Benefits: pretax dollars can be used for mass transit fees and parking
- Adoption Assistance– reimbursed up to $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses
- Financial Convenience Benefits– Multiple payroll direct deposit options, pay cards, 529 College Savings plan deposits
- Generous PTO and Flexible Work Hours
OUR CREDENTIALS: We are consistently ranked among the top agencies, web development firms, and public relations firms, and while we have a track record of winning a substantial number of creative awards, we pride ourselves on being a strategy-first agency with a deep MarTech, CDP, digital and analytics core. Very important to us is our ranking by both The Business Journal and Career Builder as a Best Place to Work.