UX / Content Associate
LOCATION: We are based, as is this position, in Tempe, AZ—an upbeat college town in the Greater Phoenix Metro area.
THE NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB:
We’re looking for an exceptional individual. Here’s our wish list—it’s ambitious, so we ask that you are as well:
- Passion for creating usable and engaging user experiences
- Ability to provide insight, think strategically, and quickly problem-solve for client needs
- Collaborate with and provide direction to designers, content developers, and web developers in order to create a strong digital presence
- Knowledge of various UX research tools (user testing, preference testing, empathy interviewing, journey mapping, etc.) with the willingness to further your knowledge
- Proven ability to measure, analyze, and organize user experience research
- Familiar with usability best practices
- Capable of developing site maps, wireframes, and other key UX documentation
- Strong content development skills, both long and short form
- Excellent grammar and editing skills
- Ability to work with clients to develop appropriate messaging / compelling content tailored to their brand
- Prior experience and knowledge of Content Management Systems (preferably WordPress)
- Comfortable presenting internally and in front of clients
- Capable of supporting the team whenever and wherever needed
- Willingness to learn our UX and content processes and adapt quickly, a true self-starter
- A keen attention to detail and deadlines
Requisite skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Marketing, Advertising, Psychology, or Business Administration)
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- An excellent communicator (written and spoken)
The successful applicant must be a true team player. People primarily looking to “climb the career ladder” will not fit in well here. We’re much more about horizontal growth first, and vertical growth second.
Yep, we want it all. We hope you do too. Are you the guy or gal for the job?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
WE ARE: A full-service marketing, PR, social media, advertising and interactive agency. We have a team of approximately 40 people and a culture driven by innovation, fun and a wealth of both young and experienced talent.
OUR CULTURE: We have a flat organization (i.e. no managers, no hierarchy, no silos) and a “no-walls” office layout that facilitates collaboration and open communication across departments. We also have an office dog, so if you don’t like dogs, that’s a deal breaker.
You should also be fond of movie days, happy hours, pool parties and BBQs at the Zions’ home, impromptu gatherings of team members, and enjoying a brew from the two full-size office kegs.
We also offer free snacks and drinks; film screenings at the office in our surround-sound Café with 18 foot movie screen; a 14-foot-long shuffle board table; a full-size pool table; dart board; full-size video arcade game with 135 games; and an amazing office from an architectural, interior design, and functional perspective that the Business Journal called out as The Coolest Office Building in Arizona.
The crowning jewel of every year here at Zion & Zion is a truly epic, weekend-long, agency holiday party at a local upscale resort that includes: two hotel nights for agency team members and their significant others, a Friday evening get together, a Saturday spa day and lunch, a Saturday evening cocktail reception, a Saturday night multi-course dinner at an upscale restaurant, a Sunday morning Mimosa and Bloody Mary get together, and a Sunday late morning buffet brunch.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, and a 401(k), as well as the most comprehensive professional development and conference attendance program of any agency in the U.S.
OUR CREDENTIALS: Each year we are among the top Ad Agencies in Arizona, and for several years have been ranked the #1 PR firm. We also hold positions in the top interactive firms and top web development firms lists in the Phoenix Business Journal’s Book of Lists. Very important to us is our ranking as a Best Place to Work.