In a marketplace of solutions providers addressing various aspects of independent contractor management, the strategy we developed addressed the client’s needs by allowing CMS to:
- Break through the clutter in their industry
- Demonstrate leadership on the topic of independent contractor management
- Target decision makers and influencers in key verticals
- Educate potential clients on the need for regimented software-based solutions for independent contractor management
To do this, we first rebuilt the client’s brand from the ground up. This included a new logo, website, messaging, and tradeshow booth. The rebuilt brand was a necessary foundation to enhance CMS’ credibility with potential customers.
We then developed a campaign concept to draw the attention of potential clients to the company. The concept at the core of the campaign was “Miss Classification,” a school teacher character that served as the educator for the brand. Note the play on “misclassification” of employees as independent contractors, which is a major liability concern for companies using independent contractors.
We brought the concept to life through a comprehensive plan including PR, events, B2B social media, content marketing (including both articles and video), along with integration into the client’s CRM system, and supported the campaign with a small paid-advertising component.
Highlights of the campaign included:
- The creation of 20 months’ worth of drip campaign content based upon key concerns and challenges expressed during interviews we conducted with CMS’ clients and potential clients
- A photoshoot of Miss Classification for use in collaterals, ads, tradeshow graphics, etc.
- Multiple women of the same physical type and dimensions as Miss Classification networking at industry events in key client verticals
- Our PR and social team driving key CMS executives to deliver campaign content via LinkedIn
- Development of multiple animated videos explaining various features of CMS’ SaaS system, integrated into CMS’ CRM system so that the appropriate mix of video content could be delivered to potential clients at the right time