Zion & Zion Study Digs Into Potential Fallout from Kaepernick Campaign
TEMPE, Ariz. (Sept. 6, 2018) – The market research team at Zion & Zion, a top ranked full-service, national marketing agency, has conducted a nationwide survey regarding Nike’s new Colin Kaepernick ad campaign and the boycott surrounding it.
This study was based on a nationwide survey of 1,405 people; 744 of which are current Nike customers and indicated they are aware of the current Nike ad campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick.
The summary results are below. The margin of error is +/- 4%.
- 0% of those people indicated that they will be boycotting Nike products.
- That number falls to 18.6% for Millennials and falls to 16.8% for those 25 years of age and under.
- 8% of parents in the survey indicated that they will either stop buying Nike products for their minor children or that they will strongly discourage their children from buying Nike products.
- While only 12.1% of Democrats indicated that they will boycott Nike products, almost 50% (i.e. 48.8%) of Republicans and 25.1% of Independents indicated that they will boycott Nike.
- 5% of those that indicated that they have a family member presently or previously in law enforcement plan to boycott Nike.
- 3% of those that indicated that they have a family member that is a veteran or currently on active duty plan to boycott Nike.